The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Polynesian walk / plan (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3058333)

mamamac 02-02-2013 04:19 PM

Polynesian walk / plan

I understand the TTC is only a 5 minute walk from the Poly. So am I correct with the following plans being the quickest way to Epcot or MK?

To get to MK, just do that walk and jump on the direct monorail?
And to get to Epcot do the same?

We took the Ferry from MK to Wilderness when we stayed there, but I honestly cannot remember how long that was. What about to the Poly?

I want to make it to a reservation to Crystal Palace on time. Four different times we have had an 8:15am reservation and we have never made it on time!! I am determined to get there on time this year!!

ktlm 02-02-2013 05:48 PM

You are absolutely right! The 2 times we stayed at the Poly, they put us in Rapa Nui, which was right by the TTC, we loved that when we got off the direct monorail at night we were really close to the room. The direct route is much faster than taking the resort line around.

Wood Nymph 02-02-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamamac (Post 47386840)
I understand the TTC is only a 5 minute walk from the Poly. So am I correct with the following plans being the quickest way to Epcot or MK?

To get to MK, just do that walk and jump on the direct monorail?
And to get to Epcot do the same?

We took the Ferry from MK to Wilderness when we stayed there, but I honestly cannot remember how long that was. What about to the Poly?

I want to make it to a reservation to Crystal Palace on time. Four different times we have had an 8:15am reservation and we have never made it on time!! I am determined to get there on time this year!!

The best way to get to Epcot is to walk to the TTC to catch the monorail. But the best way to MK depends on the location of the building that you are in. We were in Tahiti, which was as close to the TTC and the ferry as you can get. I think we only took the resort monorail once, and that was when we were going to one of the restaurants.

But there are other buildings that are much closer to the main building, and it would be a much shorter walk to use the resort monorail to get to MK if you were in one of those buildings. :)

Emteach 02-02-2013 05:55 PM

It depends on where you are at the resort, some building are a little further from the TTC (and when it is hot it may seem longer). We were in Tokelau and less than 10 minutes from the TTC. You have to know the quickest route too and not take the scenic route lol.

mamamac 02-02-2013 06:02 PM

We are in the Hawaii building. I'll have to find a map.

Thanks

stm61 02-02-2013 06:55 PM

When we stayed in Hawaii we always had better luck with the boats then with the monorail. The dock is kinda behind the pool and it goes directly to MK from Poly. On the way back from MK it stops at GF first. For Epcot, we walked to TTT, or if we were leaving from the GCH, we took the resort monorail and switched at TTT.

croach 02-02-2013 07:11 PM

Tahiti is also right by the TTC. It was so nice to be in that building for marathon weekend!

KAYLI'S DAD 02-02-2013 08:06 PM

We were on the beach today and I thought they were doing construction in the hawaii building. Anyway, We have been taking the monorail to MK. But today leaving Mk we took the ferry to the TTC and walked back to the room. It was about a 5 min walk.

Polydweller 02-02-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamamac (Post 47387638)

Thanks

Ah, we always stay in CL and have found from years of doing it that the resort launch is the fastest way to MK. It goes directly from the Poly to MK.

Walking to the TTC and taking the Epcot monorail is absolutely the fastest way. Easy to get there. At checkin they will give you a resort map with all the paths and you'll find that the routes around Tokelau are very easy to navigate.

DMLAINI 03-21-2013 11:35 AM

Transportation

We are coming from POR to the Poly for dinner. How would it be best to get there? :confused3

closetmickey 03-21-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMLAINI (Post 47866542)
We are coming from POR to the Poly for dinner. How would it be best to get there? :confused3

I would take the bus to the MK and then take the resort monorail from there to the POLY.

mmmears 03-21-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamamac (Post 47387638)

Thanks

We stayed in Hawaii twice. It's a great, convenient location.

For Epcot -- walk to the TTC and catch the direct monorail -- so much faster!

For MK -- you can take the resort monorail from the lobby... but we found that the boat to the MK was faster. It goes straight there and it's not far. We were able to see the boat on it's way to the dock (either from our balcony of from the CL lounge windows), run down there, and make it with plenty of time -- so we didn't even have to wait really. Boat was great. :thumbsup2

jw50 03-21-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamamac (Post 47386840)

The resort monorail starts running at 7am so you will have no problems getting to the MK that early, if you take that first monorail your only problem will be figuring out how to kill an hour before your ADR. ;)

We take the boats a lot too, not sure that they would be faster but we take them because we just like them. We have even walked over to the TTC to take the ferry just because we could.

NJRRK 03-21-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by closetmickey

I would take the bus to the MK and then take the resort monorail from there to the POLY.

I respectfully disagree.

I would take the bus to the MK and then take the launch (aka boat) to the Poly.