The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Mother's Day (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3057839)

misslizzy1973 02-01-2013 02:18 PM

Mother's Day

Just realized my Disney Cruise will be over Mother's Day. Pretty cool! Has anyone been on one over this day? Do they do anything special?

Silverfox97 02-01-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misslizzy1973
Just realized my Disney Cruise will be over Mother's Day. Pretty cool! Has anyone been on one over this day? Do they do anything special?

We did Father's Day on the Fantasy. It was a sea day. All they did was bring the Dads another dessert at dinner - it was an apple dessert. They did have a beautiful sheet cake that was decorated, but they never cut it :(

I imagine Mother's Day might be similar.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

jenf22 02-01-2013 02:49 PM

Yep., Mother's Day was similar. They had a beautiful sheet cake, but it was never cut. I don't even remember getting an extra dessert. Our Mother's Day was a CC day, so it was still a great day!

neg58 02-01-2013 03:09 PM

In 2011, I was at Disneyland for mother's day. I got a carnation.

In 2012, I was at Epcot. I got a carnation.

This year I will be on DCL going through the Panama Canal. Not sure I'll even see the carnation!

Nancy

Zeppelin 02-01-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misslizzy1973 (Post 47377190)

yes and no....

our first three cruises Disney Cruises all left on Mothers Day....other then everyone wishing my wife a happy Mothers Day nothing was done....

Zeppelin 02-01-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverfox97 (Post 47377264)
We did Father's Day on the Fantasy. It was a sea day. All they did was bring the Dads another dessert at dinner - it was an apple dessert. They did have a beautiful sheet cake that was decorated, but they never cut it :(

I imagine Mother's Day might be similar.

we always order extra desserts and I've never been on DCL for Fathers Day, so i don't know how that's extra....

Silverfox97 02-01-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeppelin

we always order extra desserts and I've never been on DCL for Fathers Day, so i don't know how that's extra....

It was a special dessert prepared by the chef, not ordered by anyone, not on the menu & it was just brought special to the fathers at the table. You are right, not extra, but it was a little something different.

Zeppelin 02-01-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverfox97 (Post 47380398)
It was a special dessert prepared by the chef, not ordered by anyone, not on the menu & it was just brought special to the fathers at the table. You are right, not extra, but it was a little something different.

thats nice to hear...was Fathers Day your embarkation day or the middle of the cruise?? i wonder if its different...

PrincessShmoo 02-01-2013 08:44 PM

Our first cruise started the day before Mothers day. I don't remember anything special happening onboard. But, then I wasn't really looking for it. Mothers day we were at Castaway Cay.

Silverfox97 02-01-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeppelin

thats nice to hear...was Fathers Day your embarkation day or the middle of the cruise?? i wonder if its different...

We left on Saturday, so it was the day after (a sea day). It was a nice gesture.

Silverfox97 02-01-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo
Our first cruise started the day before Mothers day. I don't remember anything special happening onboard. But, then I wasn't really looking for it. Mothers day we were at Castaway Cay.

Now THAT is the perfect was to spend Mothers Day - at Castaway Cay 8) I work every year on Mothers Day......

Zeppelin 02-01-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverfox97 (Post 47380427)
We left on Saturday, so it was the day after (a sea day). It was a nice gesture.

i'm wondering if being out to see on the day has something to do with it- maybe the chefs have more prep time???

on our cruises Mothers Day was the day we left...

firsttimemom 02-01-2013 09:23 PM

We've had embarcation day on Mothers Day a few years ago and Fathers Day in 2012. I think we got a rose at dinner for Mothers Day and there were photos in the MDRs that night that had a special 'mothers day' printing on it. There was nothing special on our 5 night Magic for Fathers Day.

momto3gr8boys 02-01-2013 11:23 PM

In 1999 on Magic they gave the mothers roses and made a little announcement at dinner wishing the mothers Happy Mother's Day.

This year I will be disembarking on MD :)