The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   Limited Time Magic ..... just a huge disappointment! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3057826)

cindyfan 02-01-2013 12:57 PM

Limited Time Magic ..... just a huge disappointment!

Ok, who else is with me?
4 weeks into the year and I think Disney really dropped the proverbial ball here!!!!
This entire "Limited Time Magic" has been so LAME.... it's a joke!

Come on Disney!!!..... Really??? This is all you can come up with??!!?:goodvibes

Robo 02-01-2013 12:58 PM

In the running for

WORST

DISNEY

PROMOTION

EVER.

Here4mydisneyfix 02-01-2013 01:02 PM

I agree. How disappointing. It would have been MUCH better if they had just come up with 12 ideas, one for each month, to run all month long...this really just feels like they keep trying to pull something "limited" out of their proverbial butts each week. sigh. It's particularly disappointing to see them offer things they have every single year as a NEW special thing. We expect better Disney! :confused3

jgh 02-01-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Here4mydisneyfix (Post 47377038)
I agree. How disappointing. It would have been MUCH better if they had just come up with 12 ideas, one for each month, to run all month long...this really just feels like they keep trying to pull something "limited" out of their proverbial butts each week. sigh. It's particularly disappointing to see them offer things they have every single year as a NEW special thing. We expect better Disney! :confused3

Exactly...one a month would have been great.

cindyfan 02-01-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robo (Post 47377011)
In the running for

WORST

DISNEY

PROMOTION

EVER.

AGREED!!!

Quote:

It would have been MUCH better if they had just come up with 12 ideas, one for each month, to run all month long
Much better idea!!! :thumbsup2

Jennasis 02-01-2013 01:11 PM

Or they could just do nothing. Why does every year need a promotion? I think Disney shot themselves in the foot on this by creating an expectation. And after The Year of a Million Dreams promotion. Everything after that is a giant let down.

However, it being only 4 weeks in, they could still pick up the ball they dropped and attempt to run with it. Time will tell.

KBoopaloo 02-01-2013 01:13 PM

This one was a clunker right from the get go based on name along. The "Limited" made it feel like you were somehow getting less magic if you weren't there during one of the promos. Lame.

raggedy couple 02-01-2013 01:17 PM

agreed, very lame.

Albytaps 02-01-2013 01:17 PM

I don't get it. What is the big deal about these things anyway? What do they do... a different show each year or something like that? I remember a time where they turned the castle into a giant cake, is this something similar?

I just go for the rides man....

GAN 02-01-2013 01:19 PM

I thought they were celebrating the year of the "Cleaning Lady" -is it me or does it seem the more Pete bashes her, the worse things get.

cuchu2005 02-01-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgh (Post 47377089)
Exactly...one a month would have been great.

IMO that's what they've been doing so far... January's was long lost friends, which was the most appreciated an d February's seems to be love week.

The rest is all crap.

So, as I'm arriving the day love week is ending, I'm bound to getting crap.

I'll be there. That's all it matters!

Mx

MacClemsons 02-01-2013 01:29 PM

I arrive Feb 5. Looks like my LTM is the opportunity to buy soup at Cosmic Rays. Yet they have Mulan and Mushu at DL. Boo! I wish Disney would just admit that they really missed the mark with this promotion.

Here4mydisneyfix 02-01-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuchu2005 (Post 47377270)
IMO that's what they've been doing so far... January's was long lost friends, which was the most appreciated an d February's seems to be love week.

The rest is all crap.

So, as I'm arriving the day love week is ending, I'm bound to getting crap.

I'll be there. That's all it matters!

Mx

Yes, but it would be really nice if they carried the one good idea on for the whole month. Even if they couldn't do it everyday, they could do it on weekends throughout the month, kinda like the Disneyland Bayou Bash/Mardi Gras deal. That'd be better than this! Seriously I am really beginning to feel that nothing extra would be much better than them trying to play off some of this "limited time magic" as a special perk to guests...LOGO week?! I mean COME ON! It's like they think we are all stupid! :rolleyes2

chartle 02-01-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robo (Post 47377011)
In the running for

WORST

DISNEY

PROMOTION

EVER.

You mean possibly even worse than last years non event. That very few people could take advantage of, THE ONE I WAITED FOR ON NYE, THAT NEVER REALLY CAME.

Abharmagic 02-01-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robo (Post 47377011)
in the running for

worst

disney

promotion

ever.

agree!!!!!!!!