The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   NEW policy re transfer to TA (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3057759)

kcashner 02-01-2013 10:43 AM

NEW policy re transfer to TA

DCL announced today that reservations can only be transferred to a TA within 30 days of making the reservation.

This is probably an attempt to limit guests making a reservation and then shopping around for the best TA perks after all the "work" on the reservation has been completed by DCL. I guess the lesson is that guests should do their homework and book thru the TA initially. There is no change in onboard bookings as far as I know, beyond the new 30 day rule.

mmouse37 02-01-2013 11:03 AM

Thanks for posting that.

MJ

wallawallakids 02-01-2013 11:09 AM

Good to know. Thank you.

lilpooh108 02-01-2013 11:46 AM

Thanks for posting this!

Glad I transferred my booking 2 weeks ago. Whew!

tomandrobin 02-01-2013 12:21 PM

Interesting news.

Still have not seen anything official from DCL.

Momma2Jax 02-01-2013 12:22 PM

Hmm... I wonder if this applies to moving a dummy date, if its like a new booking? Probably not since its the same reservation number :-/

kcashner 02-01-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomandrobin (Post 47376632)
Interesting news.

Still have not seen anything official from DCL.

I got it on FB this morning. No, I have not seen anything on the DCL site. It was in the form of an announcement, not a "someone said" thing.

su_A_ve 02-01-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcashner (Post 47376651)
I got it on FB this morning. No, I have not seen anything on the DCL site.

If it's on the internet, then it must be true... Let's wait for an official DCL statement...

kcashner 02-01-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by su_A_ve (Post 47376665)
If it's on the internet, then it must be true... Let's wait for an official DCL statement...

At some point I must have clicked on a "like" DCL or something. I get something from them almost every day, mostly in the form of veiled advertising....photos of the ships, castaway cay, "which would you rather be doing now--hanging out at the pool or relaxing on Castaway Cay,? etc. They have also sent announcements of reduced rates and other more important goodies. There are things like "check out the new rates on cruises from XYZ port, photos or ports, etc.

While I cannot swear that all of these things that appear to be from DCL really are, they certainly all "look" the same. It would surprise me if this were not a real announcement.

pyramid2000 02-01-2013 12:38 PM

Thank you for the information!:thumbsup2

mmmears 02-01-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momma2Jax (Post 47376644)
Hmm... I wonder if this applies to moving a dummy date, if its like a new booking? Probably not since its the same reservation number :-/

I'm wondering the same thing. I keep my cruise reservation to myself until I really know we are going, then I have transferred it (I didn't want to have a TA have to move it several times for me).:confused3

jdb in AZ 02-01-2013 12:41 PM

We must have hit "like" as well but not all their "ads" show up on our Facebook. I just typed "Disney Cruise" in the Facebook search engine and there's a bunch of stuff, including a blurb this morning about Galveston, but I'm not seeing an announcement about transferring bookings to travel agents.

That's just plain strange. Did they change their minds already? The Disney cruise line blog hasn't picked up on it yet either.

Meghatron 02-01-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmmears (Post 47376813)
(I didn't want to have a TA have to move it several times for me).

But... that's their job?

lbgraves 02-01-2013 12:46 PM

I doubt a TA would post this information to their clients if it wasn't from DCL directly.

jdb in AZ 02-01-2013 12:47 PM

I just did some searching on Google and found this -- on the Disney web site.

You can transfer your reservation to a travel agent as long as the voyage fare portion of your cruise has not been paid and the request is received within 30 days of your reservation being created. Please contact your travel agent to assist you in completing the necessary authorization form to transfer your booking.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/fa...authorization/