The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Looking for an amazing sundae!!! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3057589)

Goofy_Girl 01-31-2013 10:57 PM

Looking for an amazing sundae!!!

Okay so I have it narrowed down to two places. Beaches and Cream or Ghirardelli.Tell me between these two and in your opinion which one has the best sundae and why. I love all flavors and all combinations so I am not biased lol :rotfl:

marshmeloh 01-31-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goofy_Girl
Okay so I have it narrowed down to two places. Beaches and Cream or Ghirardelli.Tell me between these two and in your opinion which one has the best sundae and why. I love all flavors and all combinations so I am not biased lol :rotfl:

I much prefer Beaches and cream for the atmosphere and variety offered. Watching people get the kitchen sink is awesome... attempting yourself is fun too.. but don't make a legitimate attempt without at least 4 people. Beaches and cream has the taste and feel of an old fashioned soda jerk shop which I love. However, if you are a chocolate person, Ghiradelli has much richer and chocolatey sauces. For me, ghiradelli is just almost too decadent, rich, and sweet to get through an entire sundae. Might just be me though.

camandjacksmom 02-01-2013 12:04 AM

Beaches and Cream, kitchen sink because you get everything in the house on it!!!! Its amazing. Now if you dont have 4 ppl like the above poster said( I agree we had 5 and still had some left) then I would go with the No Way Jose!!!! Its hot fudge and hot peanut butter on the sundae.....SOOOOOO good and they will bring you extra sauce if you ask!!!

bumbershoot 02-01-2013 12:27 AM

Haagen Dasz (at DTD) because the ice cream has far better ingredients and tastes better. Hard to have a decent sundae without a decent base!

Ro Z 02-01-2013 12:31 AM

I have never had one at Beaches. But Ghirardelli was good. Dads brownie sundae at 50's is good. the chocolate extinction at Trex and the volcano at RFC are great.

minnie mum 02-01-2013 12:34 AM

The kitchen sink makes my teeth ache just thinking about it. :rotfl:

We LOVE going to Ghiaradelli's for a treat when we're at DTD. My favourite memory there was one time when we decided to spoil ourselves and have dessert before our dinner ADR later in the evening. :goodvibes

I am an avowed chocoholic, and their sundaes are SO chocolately. The warm brownie sundae is one of the best I've ever tasted.

Goofy_Girl 02-01-2013 07:54 AM

I keep playing with the idea of ordering the kitchen sink but unless we literally had volunteers to help us then I think that would be waaay too much even though it does sound amazing and simply attempting it would be fun in itself

davedmaine 02-01-2013 08:08 AM

Both places are great. Get one at each.

cmsnyder77 02-01-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davedmaine (Post 47373934)

I agree!!! :thumbsup2

sephorachick 02-01-2013 08:49 AM

I love ghiradelli banana split of pb ch sundaes :)

mikmin 02-01-2013 09:12 AM

I vote for B&C No Way Jose Sundae the best big enough to share. :thumbsup2

wiigirl 02-01-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davedmaine (Post 47373934)

This....you only live once. :rotfl2:

Goofy_Girl 02-01-2013 10:22 AM

I would love one of each but with our touring plans we may only be able to do one or the other. From what I'm reading looks like I won't be disappointed no matter which one I choose =]

River Country 02-01-2013 10:56 AM

The Kitchen Sink is awesome and so is the rest of B&C

Ghiradelli's is very good as well but the atmosphere of B&C sells it for me

Sunny37 02-01-2013 11:30 AM

The ghirardelli gold rush sundae is sooooo good!!:love: