The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   BREAKFAST; What are your top pics??? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3057319)

DonoMoose 01-31-2013 01:29 PM

BREAKFAST; What are your top pics???

Hi guys, trying to make a decision on a decent Breakfast spot. We have done Chef Mickeys & Chrystal Palace. Although we enjoy them, we would like to change it up & having a killer selection wouldn't hurt either! :rolleyes1 What are your top pics & why??

Wanna be Ariel 01-31-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonoMoose (Post 47367178)
Hi guys, trying to make a decision on a decent Breakfast spot. We have done Chef Mickeys & Chrystal Palace. Although we enjoy them, we would like to change it up & having a killer selection wouldn't hurt either! :rolleyes1 What are your top pics & why??

I loved OHANA. Great bread and having Mickey at breakfast never hurts :goodvibes

I cant tell you about them, but I have heard great things about Tusker House and Boma.

BDL 01-31-2013 01:36 PM

For food, you can't beat Kona Cafe. Nothing bad on the menu.

For character, I'd go with Tusker House. Lots of interaction. And for a buffet, the food and variety is really good.

pumba 01-31-2013 01:43 PM

we loved breakfast at
Chef Mickeys..
BUT not like we loved
Tusker House and Akershus with the princesses..
The food choices were great...plenty of fruits and
breakfast loves

lemondog 01-31-2013 01:44 PM

Our favorite breakfast on property is Tusker House. But you can't go wrong with Boma, 1900 Park Fare, Kona or Ohana either. 1900 PF Is worth it for the character interaction with the mad Hatter alone

katt789 01-31-2013 01:47 PM

1900 PF: great food, fun characters, at a beautiful resort. It can take a while to get to the Mad Hatter though.

Tusker House(ak): Great food!! They've got some African influenced dishes and the standard American fare, with the fab 5, and good service!

Crystal Palace: always be one of my favorite places

Kona: Tonga toast, absolutely delicious, and you get a chance to see the Poly!!

Julie711 01-31-2013 01:51 PM

Our 2 must do breakfast places our Tuskerhouse & CRT!!
The good and atmosphere at both is just great!

BrookeMQ 01-31-2013 01:51 PM

I liked the ones you mentioned. But we Also like tusker house and Akerhus was good too. 1900 park fare was similar to crystal palace so we enjoyed that one too.

Pakey 01-31-2013 01:53 PM

Tusker House is my favorite with characters.

Boma is my favorite without characters.

HappyHaunts999 01-31-2013 02:38 PM

Boma is our favorite. Great food with a variety that is different from your average buffet.

jessirae 01-31-2013 02:47 PM

I also vote for Akershus. Simply one of the best breakfasts my family has had in WDW (we still can't talk about the food without doing the Homer Simpson drool....mmmmm...bacon).

figment_jii 01-31-2013 02:51 PM

Boma (sorry no characters) is also my family's favorite breakfast spot. Lots of variety; some pretty standard fare and some unique items.

wdwpirates 01-31-2013 02:57 PM

Our favorite breakfasts on property are:

Crystal Palace - I love their puffed french toast!!

Tusker House - Great food quality and service. Wonderful character interaction. I never feel overly rushed here either.

'Ohana - I like the family style service. Characters are great! Tasty food!

Kona Cafe - A really nice a la carte breakfast. Lots of different offerings that can't be had anywhere else. It's something out of the ordinary. Their macadamia pancakes are awesome!

Chuckers 01-31-2013 03:02 PM

Crystal Palace and 1900 Park Faire in the GF are my favorites.

I am one of the few voices on here that will say I didn't like Boma at all. I stayed at AKL for 9 days and ate at Boma twice for breakfast.. was not really impressed.

Tiggr924 01-31-2013 03:35 PM

Our favorite is Crystal Palace, but since you're looking for other options, I really like Kona. Boma breakfast is really good as well, we stopped going because it's quite the trek when using the bus system and just seemed like a waste or time for us.