The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   AK: Boma, Y&Y, or Tusker House for dinner? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3057031)

rustyanchor 01-30-2013 08:32 PM

AK: Boma, Y&Y, or Tusker House for dinner?
 
I'm trying to choose between Boma, Tusker House, and Yak & Yeti for dinner on our AK day. Just wondering which of these y'all would recommend the most, and why? We currently have an ADR for Boma, but I am considering changing it. If it matters, we will be having lunch at Flame Tree that day. Thanks DISers!

PrincessMe 01-30-2013 08:43 PM

Boma is amazing! The soups are to die for. It was my favorite meal on our last trip. The offerings are also unique - I have no idea where I would get that type of a selection at home. I can't wait to go back this fall!

That said, we almost always have lunch at Yak and Yeti on our AK day. I know it's hit or a miss for a lot of people but we've always enjoyed it (love those fried green beans)! AK is a big park and it is a nice place for a leisurely sit down lunch and a bit of a rest. I'm not sure I would choose it for dinner, though.

debrapagliasotti 01-30-2013 08:45 PM

We love Y&Y ::yes::

rustyanchor 01-30-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessMe (Post 47361752)
Boma is amazing! The soups are to die for. It was my favorite meal on our last trip. The offerings are also unique - I have no idea where I would get that type of a selection at home. I can't wait to go back this fall!

That said, we almost always have lunch at Yak and Yeti on our AK day. I know it's hit or a miss for a lot of people but we've always enjoyed it (love those fried green beans)! AK is a big park and it is a nice place for a leisurely sit down lunch and a bit of a rest. I'm not sure I would choose it for dinner, though.

Hm, maybe I should just stick w/Boma then. I've always wanted to try it, but I keep reading good things about TH and Y&Y too. But I can only try one of the 3 on this trip. #disneyproblems :)

XGrumpy1 01-30-2013 08:46 PM

Y & Y, get the last reservation time of the day and walk out of the empty park. Priceless!

*NikkiBell* 01-30-2013 08:51 PM

Y&Y is just your normal Chinese food. I never thought it was worth getting that when I could just get it here at home. Boma is fantastic, however, it has lost some of its quality over the past year or so. Tusker House is affectionately termed "Boma Light" and very good. The restaurant is so open and well-themed. I actually just made a reservation there a few minutes ago. :)

PrincessMe 01-30-2013 08:57 PM

LOVE #DisneyProblems! That made me LOL for real.

You probably can't go wrong with any of the choices - the idea of walking out of an empty AK after a Y&Y dinner is intriguing. We've always been ready to leave AK well before dinner but I know a lot of people can spend multiple days there.

Y&Y is good but a bit pedestrian (sort of like PF Chang's). Boma has no comparison and is probably best for slightly adventurous eaters. I'm not a huge fan of buffets but they used small and frequently rotated platters which made me happy. And it was SO good. I think I tried at least a small spoonful of everything on the buffet except the green salad!

amym2 01-31-2013 07:59 AM

LOVE Boma! Honestly we haven't eaten at either of the others, but I'd stick with your original plan. AKL is so neat to visit.

Mousin' Around 01-31-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyanchor (Post 47361618)
I'm trying to choose between Boma, Tusker House, and Yak & Yeti for dinner on our AK day. Just wondering which of these y'all would recommend the most, and why? We currently have an ADR for Boma, but I am considering changing it. If it matters, we will be having lunch at Flame Tree that day. Thanks DISers!



In order, I would choose Boma, Yak and then Tusker.

stargazertechie 01-31-2013 09:58 AM

Boma, hands down for sure

BEASLYBOO 01-31-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stargazertechie (Post 47365610)
Boma, hands down for sure

The soups (Tomato, Ginger Carrot, Curry Cauliflower, Lentil & Sausage ) the salads ( Tabouleh, Watermelon Rind, Tunisian Cous-Cous) The dressings (Chili Cilantro Lime, ? Balsamic Vinaigrette) The African dishes & the meats (Boboti, Durban Roasted Chicken, Roast Beef, Salmon). The little tartletsIt's fresh, imaginative and also includes foods fort he less adventuresome eaters, along with typical kids fare. We love it!

Yak & Yeti, they've overcooked my shrimp twice, done!!!!!!! It's average Chinese food!

Tusker House, love it but we've only ever done the Character breakfast which I think beats them all! Great character interaction, good food, just an all around fun time!

P.S. We also love Sanaa, eating with a possible view of the Savannah, fantastic!

rustyanchor 01-31-2013 10:52 AM

Thanks everyone for your advice. I think I will stick with Boma because it does sound delicious! I still want to try Y&Y and TH, but there's always next trip, right? :)

Quote:

We also love Sanaa, eating with a possible view of the Savannah, fantastic!
I thought about Sanaa too, both for the view and the menu which looks delicious. I definitely want to eat there someday!

Quote:

LOVE #DisneyProblems! That made me LOL for real.
Haha! :)

khmiller 01-31-2013 12:48 PM

Boma is at AKL, not AK.

Tiggr924 01-31-2013 02:42 PM

Tusker House! Love it!!! :lovestruc

We stopped going to Boma a few years ago because our 2 previous trips we ended up waiting over an hour to be seated because of issues with their "system" :confused3 Not a huge fan of the food at Y&Y.

rustyanchor 01-31-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khmiller
Boma is at AKL, not AK.

I know that, thank you. :) We want to go to an AK-area restaurant for dinner. Doesn't have to be in the park.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.