The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Best Mexican at Epcot?? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3056957)

Mousemommy1 01-30-2013 06:31 PM

Best Mexican at Epcot??

I always get the Mexican restaurants mixed up...isn't there one that's better than the others? Can someone give me the rundown?? Thanks! :goodvibes

Tiggr924 01-30-2013 06:47 PM

A lot depends on preference... La Hacienda is newer than San Angel Inn. La Hacienda is on the water, where as San Angel is the darker atmosphere with the indoor water ride. Personally I prefer the food at La Hacienda, but we haven't been at SAI in awhile since the last time we went we were really disappointed in the food and service. Hope that helps!

Micca 01-31-2013 09:30 PM

The atmosphere at San Angel is to die for. The food may make you wish you had.:earsboy:

DisneyMamato4 01-31-2013 09:38 PM

We haven't eaten at San Angel but we ate at La Hacienda just a couple of weeks ago. One of the best meals on the trips, amazing!

angieruns 01-31-2013 10:10 PM

We ate at San Angel Inn a few weeks ago. The food was great. The service was a little slow but otherwise, it wasn't too bad. My husband had the fish tacos with the tostadas. That was so good. I had the fish veracuzana and it was very, very good. I haven't eaten at the hacienda but we were not disappointed at San Angel Inn. And it really felt like we were eating outdoors. :)

TruBlu 01-31-2013 11:59 PM

SAI without a doubt! Avoid La Hacienda TS and CS at all cost! Easily the worst food we've had at WDW. Yuck!

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

SA mom 02-01-2013 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micca (Post 47371641)
The atmosphere at San Angel is to die for. The food may make you wish you had.:earsboy:

Bwahahaha! We're from San Antonio. We NEVER eat Mexican food in theme parks.

TruBlu 02-01-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SA mom

Good decision! I wish we hadn't! It's sad when Taco Bell is better, because Taco Bell is pretty gross!!! :lmao:

tlynk 02-01-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SA mom (Post 47373264)

We've never eaten Mexican food at WDW either since we are from California. :goodvibes However, we LOVE Mexican food, but it is plentiful here, so I'd rather try something new! DH wants to try LH though, so maybe it will be a first for us next time around.

Cat0727 02-01-2013 09:36 AM

We thought San Angel was really good. I loved the free, fresh chips they give you at the beginning of the meal. My pollo a las rajas was delicious. The atmosphere is beautiful, too. We will be returning to dine there next trip.

OrangeCountyCommuter 02-01-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TruBlu (Post 47372751)
SAI without a doubt! Avoid La Hacienda TS and CS at all cost! Easily the worst food we've had at WDW. Yuck!

Well I find La Hacienda the best option left at World Showcase. Just ate there two weeks ago. Talapia was wonderful!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SA mom (Post 47373264)

And the Mexican food at Epcot is really Mexican. Not TexMex which is why some folks find Taco Bell better.

thebigman65 02-01-2013 10:08 AM

I prefer San Angel Inn...to me the food is not that different quality-wise between the two. I prefer the atmosphere of San Angel.

If you want to go offsite for Mexican....you should try Agave Azoul. Atmosphere if not traditional and a little busy, but the food is AWESOME!

wiigirl 02-01-2013 10:47 AM

I really liked San Angel :goodvibes

cigar95 02-01-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebigman65 (Post 47374844)
I prefer San Angel Inn...to me the food is not that different quality-wise between the two. I prefer the atmosphere of San Angel.

La Hacienda de San Angel (remember, *both* are San Angel) is southern Mexican food, while the Inn is northern Mexico. So the styles are a bit different.

I found that I enjoy the food at La Hacienda, though I wish the menu were a little more extensive. (Not quite a fair comparison, but Latin Quarter at CityWalk has a gigantic menu.)

What I really like at La Hacienda is the service. I've gotten to know several of the servers, and they do a great job.

TDC Nala 02-01-2013 12:05 PM

I like them both. Would have been leaning to Hacienda but they quit accepting the Tables in Wonderland. The Inn still accepts it.

Quote:

found that I enjoy the food at La Hacienda, though I wish the menu were a little more extensive. (Not quite a fair comparison, but Latin Quarter at CityWalk has a gigantic menu.)

If they could get off that dining plan, it might encourage a larger menu. But that's the deal at Disney, you need to accept their dining plan to operate in their park.