The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Kids Sail free and current state of DCL website (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3056822)

mickeyhereicome 01-30-2013 02:40 PM

Kids Sail free and current state of DCL website

This morning the DCL website had the Kids sail free dates under Special offers. Currently there is nothing. The KSF went through April. Does this mean more dates/places might be available? I know anything is possible, but what are you opinions and experiences?

erionm 01-30-2013 02:44 PM

http://www.wdwinfo.com/discounts/dis...ruise.htm#kids

MayB 01-30-2013 02:51 PM

I think the KSF promotion was set to expire on January 27. I think it was successful; the Miami cruises are a lot fuller than they were before the promotion started.

mickeyhereicome 01-30-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erionm (Post 47357450)

Thanks. I know the sale for Kids sail free, it was on DCL website this morning. What I am saying is DCL website currently does not have those specials listed on the website, and they are suppose to go thru April. Why would this happen? I don't think they would have sold out. I believe I read that the sale was good until March. Is it possible they are updating with more dates/locations? Just looking for peoples opinion and experiences.

mickeyhereicome 01-30-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MayB (Post 47357520)
I think the KSF promotion was set to expire on January 27. I think it was successful; the Miami cruises are a lot fuller than they were before the promotion started.

I didnt realize that. I thought I read some where, good thru March. I could be wrong.

erionm 01-30-2013 02:58 PM

The sail dates run thru April. I tried the Miami code and got an error. Removed the booking code and I could see cruise dates. Looks the codes have expired.

lcpalmer 01-30-2013 02:59 PM

I was wondering for next fall or winter? Is there a good chance it will run again? Otherwise, which ship/cruise is generally the most economical?

mickeyhereicome 01-30-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erionm (Post 47357584)
The sail dates run thru April. I tried the Miami code, and got an error. Removed the booking code and I could see cruise dates. Looks the codes have expired.

Ok thanks. Just hoping for more dates and places.:)

Meghatron 01-30-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickeyhereicome (Post 47357543)
Thanks. I know the sale for Kids sail free, it was on DCL website this morning. What I am saying is DCL website currently does not have those specials listed on the website, and they are suppose to go thru April. Why would this happen? I don't think they would have sold out. I believe I read that the sale was good until March. Is it possible they are updating with more dates/locations? Just looking for peoples opinion and experiences.

There's a difference between the sail dates available for KSF and the expiration date of the offer. Cruises may have been available through March or April using the KSF code but the KSF code itself had an expiration date of last week.

lbgraves 01-30-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcpalmer (Post 47357598)
I was wondering for next fall or winter? Is there a good chance it will run again? Otherwise, which ship/cruise is generally the most economical?

The KSF is only offered on cruises that are not selling well to increase capacity, so there is no way to predict which cruises will have them offered -- if any.

PrincessAbby'sMom 01-30-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meghatron (Post 47357694)
There's a difference between the sail dates available for KSF and the expiration date of the offer. Cruises may have been available through March or April using the KSF code but the KSF code itself had an expiration date of last week.

I have searched EVERYWHERE & can't find that the code expires. Where did you find that?

Meghatron 01-30-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessAbby'sMom (Post 47358328)
I have searched EVERYWHERE & can't find that the code expires. Where did you find that?

It was based on something someone said above. If that's not the case, then the KSF rates all sold out.

The other possibility is that the code being entered is the wrong one. There are different iterations of KSF, KSO, KSM, etc.

juki 01-30-2013 04:36 PM

I think ksf is only for 6 and 8 night cruises (Galveston) don't know about Miami. when we booked ours (April 26, last for the offer) the lady said that there are only a certain amount of rooms for the offers in each category, one was already sold out. best way to find out is probably to call.

PrincessAbby'sMom 01-30-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meghatron (Post 47358406)
It was based on something someone said above. If that's not the case, then the KSF rates all sold out.

The other possibility is that the code being entered is the wrong one. There are different iterations of KSF, KSO, KSM, etc.

OH, ok... I thought you read it somewhere! Don't scare me like that... still trying to talk the hubby into it! :)

I looked on website & it isn't listed anymore under discounts, but knowing the code it still gives me a room when I get a quote.

lbgraves 01-30-2013 04:54 PM

There is always a limited number of staterooms available for a KSF offer. Perhaps that number has been reached now since it is no longer listed on DCL's website.