The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Bed rails (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3056802)

airplane 01-30-2013 01:11 PM

Bed rails
 
Do all of the resorts have bed rails? Does anyone have a picture of them? Does anyone have a picture of the cribs?
I am not sure where I am staying yet. I have a 2 year old and 3 year. They have both been out of their cribs since 1.5. They are in toddler bed at home. My 2 year old always wakes up on the floor so I am not sure how to handle the sleep situation.
Thanks!

ThreeBeans 01-30-2013 01:18 PM

I'd bring two pool noodles with you, put them under the fitted sheet on either side of the bed and have them share that one bed....they'll be less likely to roll off. If the baby will tolerate the crib (I think they are pack and plays) then you'd just have to worry about pool noodling the three year old.

buzznina 01-30-2013 02:07 PM

Yes they have bedrails, we have been getting 2-3 every trip for 7 years now:) Here is a picture of the same type of model.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps7e352c99.jpg

firstwdw 01-30-2013 03:02 PM

I wonder if you can use bedrails for a 7year old? Would they let me if I requested? My kiddo sleeps all over the bed-last year in Disney we just put the chair backs up against the side of the bed but bed rails would be much easier and more secure if they have enough!

hoosll 01-30-2013 03:22 PM

I got bed rails for our DGS5 ... worked great. I also recommend getting a step stool for the sink for little ones.

The crib we got for DGS2 was a pack n' play which worked fine for us ... the kids were exhausted at the end of the day.

2binak 01-30-2013 03:28 PM

Another option is to rent a toddler bed from A Baby's Best Friend. They will deliver to your resort and the beds are really easy & quick to put together.

Shannon12 01-30-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2binak (Post 47358543)
Another option is to rent a toddler bed from A Baby's Best Friend. They will deliver to your resort and the beds are really easy & quick to put together.

This looks really good. Were they clean? Did the resort give you any problem with it?

airplane 01-30-2013 04:32 PM

Great suggestions. I will get a set of bed rails and try a pack n play. I will also look into renting a toddler bed if we stay value but I think I might go deluxe and I will need those extra dollars :)

Should I request 2 sets of bed rails just in case the pack and play doesn't works or should I just request them when I get there. Also will they be set up upon arrival?

airplane 01-31-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosll
I got bed rails for our DGS5 ... worked great. I also recommend getting a step stool for the sink for little ones.

The crib we got for DGS2 was a pack n' play which worked fine for us ... the kids were exhausted at the end of the day.

We can request step stools?

hoosll 01-31-2013 09:17 AM

We just called housekeeping and requested the bedrails, pack and play and step stool. We were at WL and the step stool was handy for climbing onto the bed. During the day we threw all the kid stuff - loveys, blankies, animals into the pack n play so they wouldn't get picked up by housekeeping ...

buzznina 01-31-2013 10:21 AM

I did not know they have step stolls, we have our own that we aalways take when traveling. We mainly use it by the sink so the lil one can reach the faucet:)

lanejudy 01-31-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firstwdw (Post 47358260)
I wonder if you can use bedrails for a 7year old? Would they let me if I requested? My kiddo sleeps all over the bed-last year in Disney we just put the chair backs up against the side of the bed but bed rails would be much easier and more secure if they have enough!

I don't believe there's any age limit on the request for bedrails, so if they would help your 7-year-old by all means request them.

Enjoy your vacation!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.