The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Messed up on an ADR, should I try calling? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3056614)

ekmom 01-30-2013 08:27 AM

Messed up on an ADR, should I try calling?

We're going March 1 - 9 and we had our schedule all set. Only a few TS meals, one of which is Le Cellier. I was pleased to be able to get it for dinner when I did it online a month or so ago. Then I realized that Flower and Garden starts on March 6th and both of our planned Epcot days are before that. So I want to switch one of our Epcot days but I can't get an ADR at Le Cellier on either of the days we'd like to be at Epcot.:( Do you think I'd have a better chance if I called?

goofyintoronto 01-30-2013 08:32 AM

Honestly no, you dont have a better chance at calling. In fact, i'd suggest you keep looking online for that hard to get ADR. by checking several times a day, i've always gotten ADRs I wanted, even the hard-to-get ones! Good luck! :)

aaarcher86 01-30-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goofyintoronto (Post 47353608)
Honestly no, you dont have a better chance at calling. In fact, i'd suggest you keep looking online for that hard to get ADR. by checking several times a day, i've always gotten ADRs I wanted, even the hard-to-get ones! Good luck! :)

Second this.

I checked every day, once in the morning and once at night for Ohanna and finally snagged one.

You've still got over a month for someone to cancel. Do you have hoppers?

goofyintoronto 01-30-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaarcher86 (Post 47353633)
Second this.

I checked every day, once in the morning and once at night for Ohanna and finally snagged one.

Im far more anal. I check several times an hour while at work! LMAO! :lmao:

ekmom 01-30-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaarcher86 (Post 47353633)
Second this.

You've still got over a month for someone to cancel. Do you have hoppers?

Yes, we do have hoppers so if I can't get the ADR we'll possibly just hop over to Epcot on one of the Flower and Garden days instead.

ekmom 01-30-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goofyintoronto (Post 47353644)

That's easy for me to do too. ;) Calling has to wait until I get home.

figment_jii 01-30-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ekmom (Post 47353579)
Do you think I'd have a better chance if I called?

As others have said, there does not seem to be an advantage to calling over online (i.e., the call center does not have access to additional ADR times). I would just keep checking several times a day online to see if something comes up. I've had pretty good luck snagging semi-last minute ADRs for most venues (including Le Cellier). You just have to be willing to be flexible (i.e., eat at an odd time).

purple figment 01-30-2013 03:02 PM

Yes, I would keep checking online multiple times a day. Also because Le Cellier now has the same menu all day long and is a signature all day you might have a better chance trying for lunch res. Some people will cancel lunch when they discover the lunch menu is now the same as the sig dinner menu.

ErinsMommy 01-30-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goofyintoronto (Post 47353644)

This. I'm determined to get what I need, work can wait. ;)

ekmom 01-30-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErinsMommy (Post 47357907)
This. I'm determined to get what I need, work can wait. ;)

:rotfl2:

Floridagram 01-31-2013 04:00 PM

You could always go to the park when it first opens that day also. You may be able to get them that way as a walk up.

TDC Nala 01-31-2013 04:14 PM

Le Cellier is not so difficult to get anymore. Keep watching for a cancellation.