The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   do u ever stress yourself out as to what can go wrong? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3056527)

LovinPooh 01-29-2013 10:14 PM

do u ever stress yourself out as to what can go wrong?

Not only am i impatient as trip nears...but worrying about everything. Getting there, someone getting hurt or sick, dh arguin with me that akl wasnt worth the extra money lol
I m just a bundle of nerves lol

dansdad 01-29-2013 10:26 PM

Stess about what could go wrong, no. To me that just takes away from the joy and fun I take in planning.

Prepare for things could possibly go wrong, yes. See above about the joy and fun of planning.:thumbsup2

minnie mum 01-29-2013 11:22 PM

I try not to. I do try to plan for things that I might have some control over. For the rest, there's trip insurance and a nice glass of wine. Cheers.

robinb 01-29-2013 11:30 PM

Nope. I am not a worrier. I think that worrying is a waste of energy. If something goes wrong, I can handle it. There is no reason to clutter my mind and emotions with endless "what if?"s.

kapoof 01-30-2013 05:05 AM

focus on getting there and having fun. :goodvibes

patty57 01-30-2013 05:07 AM

No. It's vacation. Real life can be stressful. Planning for a vacation shouldn't be.

Jacquie668 01-30-2013 05:10 AM

Life happens, so I agree, if you have been planning to control what you can then you're all set. You have to roll with the punches, so if something does go wrong, just focus on pushing through and over and bumps!

I've had complete vacations labeled as "ruined," but you know...even when I was stuck in a hotel room for an entire vacation (sick) I had a lot of good memories! When I think back I honestly smile and only see the positive memories! There is always a bright side, IMO!

:cutie:

Mauierlyn 01-30-2013 05:13 AM

I am a worrier. It's my biggest hobby.
We booked our plan vacation a year in advanced and I then started stressing about the what-ifs. I thought about so many scenarios but as soon as we landed in Florida, all my worries vanished and I was truly able to relax and have the time of life.
I am sure you will too. Enjoy.

Missytara 01-30-2013 06:03 AM

As you get older, you realize there is no reason to worry about something that you have no control over. And vacations is one of them. You learn that it is a complete waste of energy and time, and it is best to just go with the flow.

Some of my greatest moments at Disney were the ones that were the most completely unexpected and unplanned.

Granny square 01-30-2013 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robinb
Nope. I am not a worrier. I think that worrying is a waste of energy. If something goes wrong, I can handle it. There is no reason to clutter my mind and emotions with endless "what if?"s.

I agree. You can't change what you can't change.

Plan for best, and deal with the rest to misquote a real quote. :)

tnkrbell 01-30-2013 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LovinPooh (Post 47351788)
Not only am i impatient as trip nears...but worrying about everything. Getting there, someone getting hurt or sick, dh arguin with me that akl wasnt worth the extra money lol
I m just a bundle of nerves lol

ME ME ME!!!!!!! Glad to hear Im not the only one!! :)

MMrules 01-30-2013 06:43 AM

You just tell your husband that AKL is worth every penny!!!!!:thumbsup2

I loved it so much we bought DVC into AKV. it is very relaxing and peaceful and feels like a vacation all by itself.

Stop, breathe deeply, and say "Everything is better at Disney!". I am a born worrier/anxiety ridden person. Stressing over vacation takes away from the trip itself. I bring lots of hand sanitizer, clorox wipes and wet ones to help ease my worries with germs. OTher than that there is no control over what could happen except for having fun!!!! pixiedust:

Granny square 01-30-2013 07:11 AM

Akv. The best of the best. :).

HerRoyalHighness 01-30-2013 07:57 AM

Its okay for your husband to feel, TO HIM, its not worth the extra money. But this is not just him. I have to deal with that attitude sometimes myself. Just kindly point out that's okay but he might as well enjoy it while he's there.

Granny square 01-30-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HerRoyalHighness
Its okay for your husband to feel, TO HIM, its not worth the extra money. But this is not just him. I have to deal with that attitude sometimes myself. Just kindly point out that's okay but he might as well enjoy it while he's there.

I agree.