The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Airmiles for park tickets? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3056266)

Golden Amik 01-29-2013 01:52 PM

Airmiles for park tickets?

I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to order park tickets from Airmiles. I have enough for two five day, base, child passes. Has anyone used rewards for passes before? How long was it before you had them in hand?

FrenchSnowWhite 01-29-2013 02:08 PM

You can do the maths. Divide the total of miles by the price

exemple: a 100$ Best Western travel card will cost 950 airmiles.
So it's 9.50$/miles in that case. Would it cost less by paying??? Or could you have something else with your airmiles ;)

Only you knows!

Another thing, are you planning on staying onsite, and buying meal plan? if so you have to buy park tickets at the same time.

FrenchSnowWhite 01-29-2013 02:29 PM

I just made the math for your situation, and it's 8.70$/mile!

Better that what I buy (Best Western gift card for hotels on the way to Disney!!!)

Disney Addicted 01-29-2013 03:52 PM

I keep eyeing those for a possible trip. Ideally I would like 5-day WP tickets. Which air miles offers for a child but not for the adult tickets and we would need 3 adult tickets.

While I have not ordered Disney tickets from air miles, I have ordered Africian Lion Safari tickets and Cineplex gift certificates. Each time they arrived very quickly! Two weeks or less. I'm thinking less but definately no more than 2 weeks.

seashell724 01-29-2013 04:36 PM

I ordered 7 day tickets and they arrived in a couple weeks!

Canadiantinkerfairy 01-29-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Amik
I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to order park tickets from Airmiles. I have enough for two five day, base, child passes. Has anyone used rewards for passes before? How long was it before you had them in hand?

We ordered 3 day park hoppers each for Disneyland in 2010 and they were here in 2 weeks. Also we got actual tickets so we didn't have to worry about getting a voucher exchanged. So worth it!

CindyV 01-29-2013 09:57 PM

we have gotten them several times now and they have arrived within 2 weeks. I have always found them to be quick.
That is all we save them for so it is worth it for us not having to pay for them..

jenny-pooh 01-30-2013 01:20 AM

I have used Airmiles for tickets and likely will again. They arrived very quickly-less than a week. I added the park hopper on our second day there very easily.

Sunseeker2012 01-30-2013 06:08 AM

I ordered our tickets through Aeroplan, same idea.. we had our tickets emailed within a couple of days. For me it meant, more money in my pocket and making use of my points towards something we all want to do.

CdnCarrie 01-30-2013 10:29 AM

Many many times. Always got them within a week.

The passes are a good deal.

Golden Amik 01-30-2013 10:23 PM

I bit the bullet and ordered them today! We actually have enough Aeroplan points to order the same adult passes. DH wants to save those points for a flight next March break so we will buy two tickets at the gate.

Thanks for your replies! Now the waiting and obsessively tracking them across Ontario begins!

Blanche_Neige 02-02-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney Addicted (Post 47347485)
I keep eyeing those for a possible trip. Ideally I would like 5-day WP tickets. Which air miles offers for a child but not for the adult tickets and we would need 3 adult tickets.

While I have not ordered Disney tickets from air miles, I have ordered Africian Lion Safari tickets and Cineplex gift certificates. Each time they arrived very quickly! Two weeks or less. I'm thinking less but definately no more than 2 weeks.

Airmiles and Aeroplan both offer adult tickets.

I have purchased many times tickets (from both Aeroplan & Aimiles) for WDW, US and DL always arrived in less than 2 weeks.

They are also easy to upgrade at the gate.

If I did not have enough miles I bought 3 day tickets and then added the extra days.

Golden Amik 02-07-2013 10:41 PM

Worried for nothing. They arrived today!

FiveofusNL 02-08-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blanche_Neige (Post 47389266)
Airmiles and Aeroplan both offer adult tickets.

I have purchased many times tickets (from both Aeroplan & Aimiles) for WDW, US and DL always arrived in less than 2 weeks.

They are also easy to upgrade at the gate.

If I did not have enough miles I bought 3 day tickets and then added the extra days.

Hi. Do you mean that you obtained one day tickets through Airmiles and were then able to upgrade to a 2 day ticket at the park if you wanted? This is our first time going to US. I think we will only want one day there, but wanted the option to upgrade to a 2 day before leaving the park if we felt like it. I was concerned I would not be able to do that if I got my tickets through airmiles rather than the park. Also, I was wondering if you receive an actual ticket so you can go on through the gates or do you have to line up at the front entrance ticket windows with a certificate to gain admission? I would love to use my airmiles but not if I need to stand at the front ticket window for an hour with those waiting to buy tickets before I can get in the park and then cannot add another day if we want.:confused:

Golden Amik 02-09-2013 11:36 AM

I rec'd actual wdw scannable tickets. It is my understanding that you can add days, waterparks and more, etc to these tickets. I will find out when we get there