The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   The College Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   2013 Cast Member (college program) discount (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3056058)

BlueRigeAdair 01-29-2013 08:58 AM

2013 Cast Member (college program) discount
 
It was suggested I repost this here:
Hi, I'm new! I'm not sure if you do any kind of board intros but I live in NC and we are taking a short trip to WDW this March with our 2.5 year old DD. This trip was planned at the last minute.

I apologize first if this has been covered ad nauseam:

My sister just started the college program and when we booked the trip I didn't study enough of the particulars of Cast Member park ticket discounts (my first mistake). I found out yesterday that the dates we are going are blocked off for use from her Main Gate pass (?). She is looking to see about any discount she can get for park tickets. From what I've lurked on here, do you think she might get a 10% discount? Do block out dates apply to discounts like they do the main gate pass?

I apologize if I used any terminology incorrectly. Thank you for your help!

leeg229 01-29-2013 03:49 PM

Hello! March/April tends to have a lot of blackout dates because of high attendance due to spring break and Easter, but you should have her double check which parks are inaccessible because many times you can't get into MK with the maingate but the rest of the parks are ok. Your daughter can get 10% off park tickets by going to Company D and buying them there. The blackout dates have no bearing on the discounted tickets so you'll be able to use them at any time. If you're a pin collector some unique CM only pins can be purchased at Company D also. Make sure you take advantage of her hotel discount, 20% Merchandise discount, 20% table service discount, and 50% discount on renting some of the boats from the marina (if that's something you're interested in).

BlueRigeAdair 01-29-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leeg229 (Post 47347442)
Hello! March/April tends to have a lot of blackout dates because of high attendance due to spring break and Easter, but you should have her double check which parks are inaccessible because many times you can't get into MK with the maingate but the rest of the parks are ok. Your daughter can get 10% off park tickets by going to Company D and buying them there. The blackout dates have no bearing on the discounted tickets so you'll be able to use them at any time. If you're a pin collector some unique CM only pins can be purchased at Company D also. Make sure you take advantage of her hotel discount, 20% Merchandise discount, 20% table service discount, and 50% discount on renting some of the boats from the marina (if that's something you're interested in).

Thanks! I assume my sister would need to be with us to take advantage of the merchandise, table service discounts, etc?

Wishes Count 01-29-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueRigeAdair (Post 47348056)
Thanks! I assume my sister would need to be with us to take advantage of the merchandise, table service discounts, etc?

If she is eating with you the discount is applied to the entire check, but then 18% gratuitiy is added, so you are really only saving on the tip.

She is the only one who can use the merchandise discount. She cannot pay with your credit card and cannot accept cash from you in front of the cashier. If however she uses her discount to buy you some items and then later on you give her a cash gift that is okay ;).

Berlioz70 01-29-2013 06:54 PM

I recommend researching ticket prices through AAA or Undercovertourist.com. Both offer discounts that are equal to & better than the CM discounts. I won't buy tickets for my family, I just send them there.

Traveliz 01-29-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berlioz70 (Post 47349314)
I recommend researching ticket prices through AAA or Undercovertourist.com. Both offer discounts that are equal to & better than the CM discounts. I won't buy tickets for my family, I just send them there.

That is the same thing my daughter does.

Liz

BlueRigeAdair 01-30-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berlioz70 (Post 47349314)
I recommend researching ticket prices through AAA or Undercovertourist.com. Both offer discounts that are equal to & better than the CM discounts. I won't buy tickets for my family, I just send them there.

Awesome. Thanks!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.