The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   How many days each for your split stay? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3055593)

ADisneyQueen 01-28-2013 11:21 AM

How many days each for your split stay?

We are staying at AOA with family members and then want to switch to CSR when family leaves ( they are staying 6 nights). Our plan was a total of 8 nts. so now I'm not sure if it is worth changing resorts for 2 nights. We would check out early from AOA b/c family's flight is really early in the morning.
If you do a split stay how do you divide your days?

Masonmj84 01-28-2013 11:29 AM

I like doing 4 and 4.

polyfor4 01-28-2013 11:34 AM

We do 2 nights at Pop and then 5 at the Poly. The 2 nights at Pop save us a lot of money and usually does not take much effort. We drive so when we switch resorts we throw the luggage in the car and just leave it parked at our new resort until our room is ready- meanwhile we go to the parks. If you plan ahead and maybe pack separate bags for your 2 night stay, it shouldn't be much trouble.

Princess Disney Mom 01-28-2013 12:56 PM

That's how I do it. 1-3 days at one resort and longer at the other. I have one bag packed for the shorter stay.

amym2 01-28-2013 01:21 PM

We did our first split stay last October- 2 nights at OKW then 4 at the THV at SSR. It worked out great! We only did Typhoon Lagoon and Legoland on this trip anyway, so we weren't in a time crunch. The day we switched resorts, we ate breakfast at Olivia's at OKW, drove our stuff over to SSR (we had bell services store our cold items, we kept our luggage in our car), then went to play mini golf at Winter-Summerland, ate lunch at DTD, then our room was ready. It was nice to get a taste of different resorts- and we loved OKW and will definitely stay there again!

TangledMama 01-28-2013 01:54 PM

We are doing our first split stay next week. We're spending 3 nights at All Star Sports and 4 nights at POR. I really wanted to stay at POR, but I also thought that DS would think Sports was really fun. So we decided to do both.

MUFFYCAT 01-28-2013 02:08 PM

Our split stays were always 2 or 3 nights at a new resort then 4 or 5 at our favorite- Polynesian.

Yardbird 01-28-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUFFYCAT (Post 47336257)
Our split stays were always 2 or 3 nights at a new resort then 4 or 5 at our favorite- Polynesian.

Are you absolutely sure that the Polynesian is your favorite resort?:)

I don't usually like split stays, but will have a split stay this April; 2 at OKW and 4 at BLT

disnut1149 01-28-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TangledMama (Post 47336091)
We are doing our first split stay next week. We're spending 3 nights at All Star Sports and 4 nights at POR. I really wanted to stay at POR, but I also thought that DS would think Sports was really fun. So we decided to do both.

Hi
We're doing the same thing in August, but 4 nights at each. We don't have a car, so we'll take our luggage with us in a taxi. We did a split stay like that before and it was easy. Let us know how you stay was. Thanks and have a great time!

jackemail 01-28-2013 07:25 PM

This time I am doing 2 at Wilderness, to be close to the Magic Kingdom, then 5 at Boardwalk to be close to EPCOT and the Studios.