The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Bleach at resorts (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3055582)

Jenn4615 01-28-2013 11:01 AM

Bleach at resorts

I've never noticed if I could buy bleach in the resort stores. With everything going around right now... I'd like to wipe down the room myself before we settle in this weekend. Anybody know? If not I will ask our driver to stop so we can get it.We use the same lady every year so I am sure she will stop
Thanks

CanadianGuy 01-28-2013 11:04 AM

Pretty sure this is a no. Given the potential to damage the soft goods in the room primarily. I'd stay away from it myself for that same reason. Is there not a 'fabric safe' cleaning product available?

Jenn4615 01-28-2013 11:07 AM

Its the only thing that kills the stomach virus.. that EVERYONE has right now.. I would not use it near fabric obviouslly just door knobs and counters. Thanks for the reply Figured they didn't

BiancaBernard&Penny 01-28-2013 11:36 AM

What about taking chlorox wipes for those surfaces?

minnie mum 01-28-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiancaBernard&Penny (Post 47334310)
What about taking chlorox wipes for those surfaces?

This was what I was thinking. I shudder at the thought of an accidental spill of a bottle of bleach.:eek: The OP would be on the hook for the damages.

cvjw 01-28-2013 12:13 PM

I put a few Chlorox wipes in a ziploc sandwich bag and take on each trip. I use these to clean door knobs, remote controls, light switches, and the counter tops in the bathrooms. I also bring a can of lysol spray and spray the inside of our villa to kill any lingering germs. All are safe for the villa. I would be way too nervous to use a bottle of bleach - a major accident just waiting to happen!

CalSea12 01-28-2013 12:24 PM

Any advice for those of us who are flying? I know we cant take Lysol with us...

lililoo12 01-28-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalSea12 (Post 47334921)

take the clorox wipes

Missytara 01-28-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalSea12 (Post 47334921)

You can take the wipes and either put them in your carry-on or checked baggage; doesn't matter.

I take the eco-friendly ones and just leave them behind when I leave for the next guest.

famousmockingbird 01-28-2013 02:38 PM

I would be scared to have bleach. Of course, I'm super clumsy and don't like to even have bleach at my house. I agree with the PP's that recommended Clorox wipes. We always throw in a container whenever we travel (we drive to Disney), but you could slip one of the smaller containers into your luggage.
Or, if you are stopping anyway, pick up a container on the way to the hotel and grab a can of Lysol there.

KrazeeK120 01-28-2013 05:33 PM

You can get the clorox wipes in packs of 9. They fit easily into a carry-on or even into your checked luggage. You better believe I was wiping down every light switch and handle in the room. And I didn't get sick!!! Woo hoo!!

You've probably already thought of this, but hand sanitizer is a good idea as well. Bath and Body works has itty bitty ones that can fit into any purse or pocket. And they smell good too. :)

noahdove 01-28-2013 06:02 PM

I always take clorax wipes and also, clorax anytime spray...

BiancaBernard&Penny 01-28-2013 06:10 PM

I'm not a huge bleach fan, in preference to more organic cleaners, but I do like the occasional hand sanitizer. That said, I think I'll be taking the bleach wipes for my room and maybe into the park for tables, too. Alcohol does not effectively kill the current nasty GII-4 Sydney norovirus strain. I'd hate for that to ruin my vacation! I'm turning into the germaphobe I never wanted to be!

CalSea12 01-28-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missytara (Post 47335940)
You can take the wipes and either put them in your carry-on or checked baggage; doesn't matter.

I take the eco-friendly ones and just leave them behind when I leave for the next guest.

Yea that is prob what i am going to do, usually I do not care too much, but this time I am taking my DD. I want to make sure things are as clean as possible.

Bleach Wipes?? Never heard of those...are those just like Clorox wipes?

BiancaBernard&Penny 01-28-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalSea12
Bleach Wipes?? Never heard of those...are those just like Clorox wipes?

Hmmm, turns out, no. I thought they were but learned on the clorox site that regular (yellow) wipes do not contain sodium hypochlorite (bleach)
We have two kinds of wipes in the big tubs at work. "Regular" and "bleach" (I know they have proper names) I'm guessing regular would be like the yellow Clorox wipes? We use it for almost everything except C-diff bacterial GI infections and a few others. Then we use bleach (and don't wipe your scrubs with them like one nurse did!). I wonder if the clorox wipes are good enough for the new noro? Or if it must be bleach? There is a "healthcare Clorox" on amazon. It looks like the yellow pack has ammonia so they can't be mixed! Or maybe some bleach and water can be added to paper towels in a Baggie? (Or rather a couple baggies inside each other)