The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Question re: FE and Deck 2 on the Fantasy (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3055503)

scrappinginontario 01-28-2013 09:10 AM

Question re: FE and Deck 2 on the Fantasy

I'm considering participating in a FE exchange for our cruise. We'll be staying on Deck 2 of the Fantasy. I'm wondering if there is anyone here who has stayed in a room on Deck 2 of the Fantasy and participated in a FE exchange?

My question is, did you find that some people could not locate you room and therefore you missed out on anything? This may sound silly but on the Fantasy all other staterooms are 3+ decks above our staterooms and I was wondering if being away from the others might be a disadvantage in that people either couldn't find you or, chose not to make the trek to your room.

Thanks for sharing any experiences you might have.

Blanche_Neige 01-28-2013 09:17 AM

I never stayed on Deck 2 but I have participated in FE in which I delivered gifts to staterooms on Deck 2, there was no problem finding the rooms, was not an issue.

I don't think you would miss out :goodvibes

The only ones I ever had trouble delivering to was the concierge rooms that are located behind looked gates and the ones that changed or never gave they stateroom numbers :(

lbgraves 01-28-2013 09:21 AM

I would never not deliver to a room because it is on a different deck. That's what you agree to when you sign up for the FE.

lucyem 01-28-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blanche_Neige (Post 47332802)
I never stayed on Deck 2 but I have participated in FE in which I delivered gifts to staterooms on Deck 2, there was no problem finding the rooms, was not an issue.

I don't think you would miss out :goodvibes

The only ones I ever had trouble delivering to was the concierge rooms that are located behind looked gates and the ones that changed or never gave they stateroom numbers :(

This.

We were in concierge on the Dream and missed out on a few of the FE gifts :(

neg58 01-28-2013 11:48 AM

I was on the Dream and we had about 5 cabins on deck 2 in the FE group. They were fairly easy to find. The ones that were harder were on 7 I think, as there are several places where you hit dead ends and can't cross over.

Nancy

1153rsmith 01-28-2013 12:01 PM

We were on the Dream on Deck 2 and had no problem getting our FE deliveries. I love Deck 2 on the Dream/Fantasy. It is quiet, and convenient to lots of things. I would stay there in a heartbeat. We were in room 2010.

scrappinginontario 01-28-2013 12:04 PM

Thanks everyone! We're in 2025 and I'm guessing now will be signing up for a FE exchange! :)

nannylori 01-28-2013 03:11 PM

Had over 100 cabins on my last FE on the Fantasy and I delivered quite a few to Deck 2,actually,it seemed on EVERY deck. The only Deck I found a little more time consuming was 5, because the kiddos have their labs in the middle,so there's a "go around",a left turn, I believe.
But I got to know the ship very well and no way would I ever have found that little half door on Deck 5 if it wasn't for the FE. Deck 2 was no problem at all!!!!!:hippie:

wildel1021 01-28-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nannylori (Post 47336956)
Had over 100 cabins on my last FE on the Fantasy and I delivered quite a few to Deck 2,actually,it seemed on EVERY deck. The only Deck I found a little more time consuming was 5, because the kiddos have their labs in the middle,so there's a "go around",a left turn, I believe.
But I got to know the ship very well and no way would I ever have found that little half door on Deck 5 if it wasn't for the FE. Deck 2 was no problem at all!!!!!:hippie:

How long did it take you to deliver FE gifts for 100 cabins?...

I had a few cabins on deck 2 on my last FE and had no problem finding the cabins.

nannylori 02-02-2013 12:19 AM

It took me two hours to deliver to a little over 100 cabins.
I did it alone.
Had it organized according to deck & aft to mid to forward.
Was VERY tiring,but I got to know the ship very well after that & saved timethe rest of the week because I didn't have to wander around as much:hippie:

COASTIEandMATE 02-03-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nannylori (Post 47381977)
It took me two hours to deliver to a little over 100 cabins.
I did it alone.
Had it organized according to deck & aft to mid to forward.
Was VERY tiring,but I got to know the ship very well after that & saved timethe rest of the week because I didn't have to wander around as much:hippie:

ALOHA! My husband and I were on the Inaugural Alaska cruise and really enjoyed going together to every deck to deliver our gifts. Ditto on learning the layout of the ship for the rest of the cruise and took some great pictures of decorated doors! We even got some thank you notes delivered to our cabin! Karen and Ron:cool1:

jodical 02-04-2013 07:08 AM

My party had 3 rooms in the FE - 2012, 2014 & 2016 and as far as I know, we got everything. I wouldn't worry! :)

mmouse37 02-04-2013 07:21 AM

Deck 2 is only an elevator ride away and very easy to find. Can't imagine it would a problem to deliver to Deck 2. It is not like it is behind a locked gate like the steerage decks on the Titanic.

It is interesting how many people feel like Deck 2 is somehow subpar to the rest of the ship and that is so not the case at all!!!

MJ