The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Rumors and News (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   FP+ Shut down (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3054945)

Ninniemommy 01-27-2013 11:25 AM

FP+ Shut down
 
I just called disney since our trip at BLT is booked for July. I asked how I get the FP+ scheduling on My Disney Experience. She advised that it was available for guests booked for Magical Express. Then she said wait, the FP+ is now shut down. They are currently in testing & it is unavailable. Does anyone have any info on if & when this will be available again? The CM had no other info.

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...wtmirm3a65.png

3happydancers 01-27-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninniemommy (Post 47322410)
I just called disney since our trip at BLT is booked for July. I asked how I get the FP+ scheduling on My Disney Experience. She advised that it was available for guests booked for Magical Express. Then she said wait, the FP+ is now shut down. They are currently in testing & it is unavailable. Does anyone have any info on if & when this will be available again? The CM had no other info.

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...wtmirm3a65.png

I don't think it was ever available for the general public except for those randomly asked to participate in the testing. I could be mistaken though. From my conversation with DVC member services, it is still in the testing stages and no other information is available (same as you were told). Our vacation is in August, a little later than yours, but we are hopeful that more information will become available soon.

lockedoutlogic 01-27-2013 09:25 PM

I didn't see anything saying this ridiculously orwellian idea...err...i mean..."custom magical guest experience...wishes, magic, dreams" system was close to be implemented.

and good thing too...the longer takes, the better.
Trips to disney parks will NEVER be the same again once thing gets up and running. And that will be sad for many if not most fans of the parks in alot of subtle ways.

tncplace 01-27-2013 10:56 PM

Our TA told us about it today
 
Our TA sent us an email about it today and said to be sure to go onto my disney experience to reserve our fastpasses but I couldn't find where to do it. We emailed her asking where we could do this and she told us to keep checking the site.

dadddio 01-28-2013 03:31 PM

The faster they get this rolled out, the better.

Trips to Disney parks will NEVER be the same again once this gets up and running and that will be awesome for many if not most fans of the parks in alot of subtle ways.

DVC-Landbaron 01-28-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

The faster they get this rolled out, the better.

Trips to Disney parks will NEVER be the same again once this gets up and running and that will be awesome for many if not most fans of the parks in alot of subtle ways.
Maybe it's because i feel this concept is absolutely horrendous, but I cannot, for the life of me, see how this could possibly be "awesome".

Care to explain the 'awesomeness" so I can understand it?

lockedoutlogic 01-28-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DVC-Landbaron
Maybe it's because i feel this concept is absolutely horrendous, but I cannot, for the life of me, see how this could possibly be "awesome".

Care to explain the 'awesomeness" so I can understand it?

Crap...you stole my post...

GET OUTTA MY HEAD!!

raidermatt 01-28-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic (Post 47336906)
crap...you stole my post...

Get outta my head!!


Ditto!!!

dmiller64152 01-28-2013 05:33 PM

Awesomeness
 
I agree with the poster who said it would be awesome. Why? Well, for my touring style, the idea of not having to be at rope drop to get FPs for Soarin' or TSMM is COMPLETELY AWESOME. I'd rather plan now, sleep later on my vacation. But that's just a personal preference.

katdralion 01-28-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Trips to disney parks will NEVER be the same again once thing gets up and running. And that will be sad for many if not most fans of the parks in alot of subtle ways.
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Another vote for "absolutely horrendous concept" here.

I opened this thread with excitement 'cause I thought Disney might have changed their minds about this terrible idea. Now my heart has sunk again.:sad:

raidermatt 01-28-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmiller64152 (Post 47337774)
I agree with the poster who said it would be awesome. Why? Well, for my touring style, the idea of not having to be at rope drop to get FPs for Soarin' or TSMM is COMPLETELY AWESOME. I'd rather plan now, sleep later on my vacation. But that's just a personal preference.

We've never had to be at rope drop to get FP's for anything, but that's a post for a planning forum I guess...


I agree that what you say is a possible benefit for those that plan far enough in advance (how far in advance will that really need to be?), but that is such a small piece of the whole program.

Pandora5 01-28-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic (Post 47329078)
I didn't see anything saying this ridiculously orwellian idea...err...i mean..."custom magical guest experience...wishes, magic, dreams" system was close to be implemented.

HAha. Well said.

I haven't tried the FP+, but the first time I read about it I knew it wasn't for our fam. We are way to scattered, more of a "do whatever you want whenever you want" kind of family.

I do see the appeal for others, however.

dadddio 01-28-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DVC-Landbaron
Maybe it's because i feel this concept is absolutely horrendous, but I cannot, for the life of me, see how this could possibly be "awesome".

Care to explain the 'awesomeness" so I can understand it?

The way I see it, the only downside to FP+ is that it will likely be impossible to ride one of the big rides many times in a single day without waiting in line. However, if it ends up being like I think it will be, SB lines in general will be shorter/faster. The bigger bonus, however, will be the ability to FP rides/attractions that currently aren't FPable.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.