The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Dining Plan (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Fulton's and DDP (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3054919)

wdwfan 01-27-2013 09:46 AM

Fulton's and DDP

I'm putting together some ADR's for our August trip. I just noticed on the DDP brochure that Fulton's is now a Signature Restaurant. My question is: are there any limitations for DDP on the menu at Fulton's? Is the DDP treated the same as it would be at any other signature restaurant? Thanks for your help! :)

abdgeek 01-27-2013 12:00 PM

I ate at Fulton's last November using the deluxe dining plan. I don't remember there being any limitations on what you could choose from the menu. I got a salad, the Narrangansett lobster($49), and dessert. It is 2TS, but was worth it. The menu is not that of a traditional seafood restaurant. If you haven't already, check out the menu on Allears.net. I had a hard time deciding what seafood I wanted to eat because the preparations were different( I dont' do crab legs, etc.). I also have dairy allergies and they were more than accommodating in changing the way my meal was prepared. It seems that everything they do has some sort of cream or dairy in it.

wdwfan 01-27-2013 12:03 PM

Sounds great! Thanks for the reply.:) With the lobster that you ordered, was it served whole or was it broken into pieces to make eating easier? We've had them whole before and don't know quite what to do with the big body piece in the middle? Thanks!

abdgeek 01-27-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdwfan (Post 47323353)
Sounds great! Thanks for the reply.:) With the lobster that you ordered, was it served whole or was it broken into pieces to make eating easier? We've had them whole before and don't know quite what to do with the big body piece in the middle? Thanks!

The lobster was whole(center cut out) and had a filling with bread crumbs, spinach and shrimp, etc.(I believe) in it. I was scolded by my server because I didn't eat the tail. When prompted, he cracked it for me and pulled the meat out so I could eat it.

almburr 01-28-2013 10:47 AM

Oh My I didn't know Fultons was on the DDP. We are using DxDP on our next trip. That will be on the list.

csmommy 02-10-2013 11:17 AM

So nothing from their menu is restricted on the DDxP?

gretchenohar@hotmail 03-30-2013 03:51 PM

I'm interested in the answer to that question, too - tho it seems from the above responses that there aren't any restrictions. I hope someone can confirm.
Thanks!

figment_jii 03-31-2013 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gretchenohar@hotmail (Post 47957209)
I'm interested in the answer to that question, too - tho it seems from the above responses that there aren't any restrictions. I hope someone can confirm.
Thanks!

I emailed Fulton's last year to ask about the DxDP. They responded pretty quickly, so I would contact them and see if there are any restrictions:
http://www.fultonscrabhouse.com/contact

gretchenohar@hotmail 03-31-2013 03:01 PM

Thank you, Figment jii.
I emailed them thanks to the link you posted & I'll report back just as soon as I hear back. I'm sure they're very busy today (Easter Sunday), tho.

gretchenohar@hotmail 03-31-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by figment_jii (Post 47960917)
I emailed Fulton's last year to ask about the DxDP. They responded pretty quickly, so I would contact them and see if there are any restrictions:
http://www.fultonscrabhouse.com/contact

This is the response I rec'd (and it came in record time!):

gretchen ohar

Could you please tell me if there are any restrictions when ordering & using the DxDDP? Thank you.

Dear Ms. Ohar,

Thanks for your inquiry... There are no restrictions!

Hope you have a great time!

Jimmy Kraus - General Manager
jkraus@levyrestaurants.com

Levy Restaurants - Fulton's Crab House

Downtown Disney

1670 Buena Vista Drive

Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Office: 407-934-2628

www.levyrestaurants.com

GoofyGraham 04-01-2013 06:53 AM

Fantastic

I've looked longingly at Fulton's every time I've been to WDW. I've always considered it too expensive, but now it's on the DDP I have a reservation in 2 weeks time.

Thanks for the info on this thread, I too had wondered if there were restrictions on what could be ordered on the plan.

I now need to try and choose from the many delicious items on the menu. Any suggestions?

I love most seafood and shellfish but draw the line at raw oysters. (I have heard that they will fry them, is that true and what are they like?)

Can't wait!! Are we there yet?? :goodvibes

tinkerpea 04-02-2013 07:36 AM

I just wanted to add that there are no restrictions when using the normal Plan either, just incase somebody reading thinks its only the Deluxe plan that has no restrictions :)