The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   closest store to POP (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3054470)

familylovesmickey 01-26-2013 05:39 PM

closest store to POP

How far away is the closest Walmart or grocery store to POP century?

bookgirl 01-26-2013 05:41 PM

This is the walmart I use.

Been there on both of my last trips. Very easy to get to but make sure your gps is set to avoid the toll road or carry plenty of change (the road BEHIND the store to gets back to disney, it's a exact change toll road LOL luckily I had the right amount of quarters) however there is a short and easy non toll option as well. It was maybe 15 minutes from the epcot area.

Wal-Mart Supercenter Store #5420
3250 Vineland Road
Kissimmee, FL 34746
(407) 397-1125

Large, clean, prices are reasonable (as in I live in midamerica where price of living is low and while more expensive then home, not unreasonably more), liquor store (i didn't buy so don't know the prices), Subway (makes a great first night dinner to grab a bag of subs and get a chips and soda in the store), they also have a large disney section so a great place to pick up a few inexpensive souvieneers. I picked up water, beer, milk, chips/snacks and souvineers and spent less than 30 bucks.

bratgirl 01-26-2013 06:49 PM

There is a Wal Mart right off I-4. On 4 head like you are going toward Orlando and get off at the Sea World exit. Turn left at the bottom of the ramp. At the light turn right. You will be on a road going east parralleling westbound I-4. You will go about 2 miles and Wal Mart will be on your left. No tolls. Easy to get to and easy to get back to Disney. Go there all the time when at Disney

livndisney 01-26-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bratgirl (Post 47317597)
There is a Wal Mart right off I-4. On 4 head like you are going toward Orlando and get off at the Sea World exit. Turn left at the bottom of the ramp. At the light turn right. You will be on a road going east parralleling westbound I-4. You will go about 2 miles and Wal Mart will be on your left. No tolls. Easy to get to and easy to get back to Disney. Go there all the time when at Disney

You can also get there the "back" way. DTD to Hotel Plaza, left onto 535, right on Palm Parkway. Palm Parkway turns into Turkey Lake road. (Walmart is on Turkey Lake).

spiceycat 01-26-2013 07:09 PM

there is a Publix closer

turn left out of Pop (traffic light) - pass AoA -then turn left at next traffic light - Osceola Parkway - in front of the Gaylord (big hotel you can't miss it) turn right - Publix will be on your left - immediately after the overpass

familylovesmickey 01-29-2013 06:19 PM

You guys are great! Thank you. Just now realized that I posted this question twice. I am still new at doing this so hopefully people will bare with me.:goodvibes