The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Dole. Whip. with. Spiced. Rum. (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3054443)

Quin 01-26-2013 05:43 PM

Dole. Whip. with. Spiced. Rum.

Flower & Garden this year is going to have food kiosks. We've never been to Food & Wine in the fall but it sounds like this may be a similar concept. And one of the officially released items will be (drum roll, please)

Dole Whip with Spiced Rum

Has this ever been offered before? Is it half as good as my imagination is making it out to be????

Ro Z 01-26-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quin
Flower & Garden this year is going to have food kiosks. We've never been to Food & Wine in the fall but it sounds like this may be a similar concept. And one of the officially released items will be (drum roll, please)

Has this ever been offered before? Is it half as good as my imagination is making it out to be????

F&G will have kiosks, but much more limited than F&W. Never had spiked Dole Whips anyplace before! Sounds good though!!

vdub322 01-26-2013 10:59 PM

We are here now and I just had my first Dole Whip yesterday! I wish these were available NOW! :thumbsup2

Srbright 01-26-2013 11:26 PM

I just saw this and hope they have it when we are there during F&W.

Stacy

JessB320 01-27-2013 12:18 AM

That sounds sooo yummy!

livsmom04 01-27-2013 12:40 AM

I hope they have these when we go to the world in June! Sure would be nice.

mint 01-27-2013 12:52 AM

I can't wait to try it! If it's good I have a feeling it'll be where most of my "fun" money for our upcoming trip in March will be going instead of souvenirs. :hyper:

AuroraRora 01-27-2013 03:10 AM

I'm going in May too, when I saw this news I was very excited! Can't wait to see everything for the F&G festival, and hearing they'll have some food/drinks booths too is even better!

tlkgt76 01-27-2013 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quin (Post 47316580)

Yeah!!!! I saw this too!! I can't wait to try it.
:cool1:

MinnieTink 01-27-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srbright (Post 47319417)
I just saw this and hope they have it when we are there during F&W.

Stacy

My thoughts exactly! Hopefully they will have it during F & W...in the mean time, I will be stalking the DIS for a review! It sounds awesome!

fla4fun 01-27-2013 12:58 PM

I wonder if you can get the Dole Whip and hold the rum? I'd just be happy to get a Dole Whip at Epcot!

I'm kind of sorry they are bringing food and drinks to the Flower and Garden festival. I already avoid the Food and Wine festival because the drinking gets out of hand, and now I may have to start scheduling aroung the Flower and Garden festival as well. The drinking at Epcot gets out of hand sometimes when there's nothing going on and this just seems to add fuel to the fire.

xmansmom 01-27-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fla4fun (Post 47323298)
The drinking at Epcot gets out of hand sometimes

What do you mean? I've never been and want to know if this is something I should avoid with kids in the future.

ColoradoDis 01-27-2013 07:42 PM

Really looking forward to trying this new treat!

lady_hlh 01-27-2013 08:22 PM

I love Dole Whip and I love spiced rum, I'm drooling on my keyboard just thinking about that combination :rotfl2: Maybe having beer and wine at BOG will lead to more drinks being available at MK and this one would be amazing.

tekoa 01-27-2013 08:46 PM

I guess I have been lucky I have never witnessed out of hand drinking
at EPCOT.