The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Fireworks dessert party (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3054412)

DisneyBliss7 01-26-2013 03:40 PM

Fireworks dessert party

How's the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert party? I'm thinking about adding it to our trip:) We are using the DDP and I've heard that we can't use any credits here..? We need to choose between this and the Pirates and Pals Firework cruise. Which would you prefer?

TheRustyScupper 01-26-2013 04:19 PM

How's the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert party?
. . . lot of desserts
. . . assigned tables by the time/date you make ressie
. . . about 1/4 have seats for fireworks
. . . others must stand for a view
. . . pretty expensive for what you get

We are using the DDP and I've heard that we can't use any credits here..?
. . . nope

We need to choose between this and the Pirates and Pals Firework cruise.
. . . take the cruise

Smiling Cheshire Cat 01-26-2013 05:13 PM

We did the dessert party last year. While we had a great seat, the desserts were just not very good.

NC State 01-26-2013 05:31 PM

:( I don't want to hear that....we're planning our first one on Feb 5th. Let's hope it will be a good one.

lthiesfeld07 01-26-2013 06:06 PM

I did the Dessert Party last year and I felt the desserts were excellent, but the view was just okay. Had to stand against the balcony with everyone else. Luckily, I paid only $15 for that night!

GeorgiaHoo 01-26-2013 06:08 PM

Views are better than the desserts, but none of the food at Disney is as good at what you'd get from a top restaurant at home. Of course, that's because they dumb the dishes down to appeal to the masses. All that said, we did it last trip and plan to do it next.

SplashMtnCrew 01-26-2013 06:22 PM

We have never had any "bad" desserts at the desset parties, but it's quite obvious that gourmet desserts won't be served. It's more like the Confectionary type of items. We haven't always had a table in front, but when we don't, we stand up at the rail, which is what the CM's encourage everyone to do. We have ressies for our trip next month :cheer2:Expensive is a relative term, we however do not think it's expensive for what we recieve.

It gives us a place to actually sit down comfortably, not crammed in wall-to-wall and being stepped on. We can have coffee, snacks and just relax. We really enjoy it and it's just icing on the cake for us at the end of the day. I would recommend it to anyone :thumbsup2

chskover 01-26-2013 06:38 PM

My daughter and I did this 2 yrs ago. The desserts were excellent. We love our sweets and glad we did it. We will never do it again, because we no longer eats sweets. It was worth the money.