The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Chocolate pecan pie on the rocks (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3054330)

J3nn78 01-26-2013 02:05 PM

Chocolate pecan pie on the rocks

I am so craving this from Le Cellier. Can anyone who has been there since the menu change or who is going soon tell me if this is still available? If so, would someone going there see if they have a recipe available?
This was my new favorite dessert in all of WDW.

TK27 01-26-2013 08:11 PM

I'd never heard of it, so I checked online. I couldn't find it on any menus, but I did find some pictures, and I realllly hope the online menus just haven't been updated with it. Looks really good.

J3nn78 01-27-2013 06:57 AM

It was incredible!

Baloo76 01-28-2013 07:33 AM

Well I can't say for absolutely sure, but when I ate there on 1/11 (a few days before the lunch menu was ending) the waitress recommended this dessert to me since she said it would going away when the menu switched to the all-day dinner menu.

Hopefully if people ask for it though they might put it back on the menu. You never know. It was indeed awesome and rich enough to be split by 2-3 people (even though it's so good you may not want to share)

disneybass 01-28-2013 12:24 PM

It was available in Dec. No doubt that it was the best dessert I have ever had in WDW!:thumbsup2

pooh2001 01-28-2013 06:55 PM

add chocolate from a pecan pie recipe - Paula Deen's below

What about a standard peach pie recipe and add some chocolate ?

please see below

ingredients
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
2 cups pecan halves
3 large eggs, beaten
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup dark corn syrup
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons good-quality bourbon
3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped

Directions
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Cover bottom of pie crust with pecans.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and melted butter. Add the corn syrup, sugar, bourbon and the chopped chocolate. Stir until all ingredients are combined. Pour mixture into the pie shell over the pecans and place on a heavy-duty cookie sheet.

Bake for 10 minutes. Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue to bake for an additional 25 minutes or until pie is set. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.

J3nn78 01-28-2013 07:51 PM

We ate there on 1/13 specifically to have a second try of this dessert after having it in December. Ih I hope they didn't do away with it. I am going to try to make it this weekend based on what the dessert description was- Sugared pecans, Graham cracker crumbs, chocolate whipped cream, and chocolate whiskey sauce. Hoping it can be at least close enough. I'll let you know how it turns out.