The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Sanaa vs. Boma Help me decide. (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3054274)

moopdog 01-26-2013 11:07 AM

Sanaa vs. Boma Help me decide.

I posted this elsewhere, but it should've gone here on the restaurants board.

We are staying at AKL and currently have an ADR at Boma for breakfast. I recently started thinking that Sanaa would be better, being that we're on the DP. We already have Tusker house (buffet) and Garden Grill (family style I believe), and HDDR (set menu). That doesn't leave us very many sit-down, nice family dinners. And I belive that's where the value of the DP comes in.

Should we trade our breakfast at Boma for a sit-down dinner at Sanaa. Is the food better at one than the other? I know it's hard to compare apples to oranges.

Is everything at Sanaa spicy.... that would be a deal-breaker for me.

Thanks.

Pakey 01-26-2013 11:57 AM

I would definitely do Sanaa dinner especially since you already have Tusker breakfast.

Sanaa food is not spicy. If its a concern discuss with the server. They will go over everything and will even adjust spice level on their dishes. I've dined here 3 times and I think it's the best 1 credit restaurant on the dining plan.

TheRustyScupper 01-26-2013 12:33 PM

Sanaa.

MicRac 01-26-2013 12:55 PM

I agree go with Sanaa especially since you already have Tusker House. Boma and Tusker House are very similar. Both are very good. So go with a calm relaxing sit down dinner at Sanaa. You won't regret it c

SAT887 01-26-2013 01:19 PM

Love Sanaa! The food was so good, definitely talk to the server about spicy food (some of it is, some of it isn't) so that you don't mistakenly get something that is spicy. I do enjoy Boma (although I have never done breakfast) as well, but I think this would help add a little variety (especially since it's not a buffet) to your trip.

Smiling Cheshire Cat 01-26-2013 05:16 PM

Saana is one of my favorites. Try the butter chicken and the bread service.

North of Mouse 01-26-2013 05:44 PM

Guess I have a different perspective here. We love Boma because there are so many different things to try.

It's great for us to try different things, then if one of our party doesn't care for a particular food, there are other dishes available without a wasted meal.
Sometimes I like to try a dish, but will not because I'm afraid I will not like it and I'm stuck with it - especially with the types of food served in those restaurants that I'm not familiar with.

mggeary 01-26-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by North of Mouse
Guess I have a different perspective here. We love Boma because there are so many different things to try.

It's great for us to try different things, then if one of our party doesn't care for a particular food, there are other dishes available without a wasted meal.
Sometimes I like to try a dish, but will not because I'm afraid I will not like it and I'm stuck with it - especially with the types of food served in those restaurants that I'm not familiar with.

We love Indian food, but still not a close call, Boma by a mile, best meal at WDW.

moopdog 01-26-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mggeary (Post 47317281)
We love Indian food, but still not a close call, Boma by a mile, best meal at WDW.

Are you referring to Boma breakfast...dinner or either.

I'm wondering if I should consider doing Boma for breakfast OOP one of our days. I guess I'll have to compare menu prices. Hmmm:confused3

TinkandGoofy'sMom 01-26-2013 07:02 PM

I just had dinner at Boma last night for the first time and it was excellent! I've had breakfast there before (also very good), and dinner at Sanaa (just ok IMO). Boma had a great variety of food, but I must say the curry-cauliflower soup was out of this world!! We will be going again for sure.