The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   DVC-Mousecellaneous (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3054272)

wrighter 01-26-2013 11:04 AM

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!

Am I the only crazy who is excited to have booked a Christmas trip? We've never been at Christmas time and I am so excited to experience the whole thing. Crowds and all!

We'll arrive on Christmas Day. Planning on getting the kids new suitcases, and having them under the tree Christmas morning. The kicker is that they will already be packed and ready to go! :-)

Soooooo hoping I can pull off the surprise. If only I can keep my mouth shut for that long! :-)

Alright - who else booked at their 11 month window and can yap with me about it?!

Doug7856 01-26-2013 11:43 AM

Wow, what a great plan! Have fun planning and keep us posted.

heidibilotti 01-26-2013 12:41 PM

Be happy to chat with you. Our family has done this for the past three years and this week we booked christmas at akl again. I love it even with the crowds. Good luck keeping the secret

ccigliano 01-26-2013 05:44 PM

We just got back from a Christmas trip and had a great time. The crowds are manageable just get to the parks early to get fast passes for popular rides. New Year's Eve was awesome and we would definitely do it again.

Pirate Granny 01-26-2013 06:22 PM

Make sure to watch for the DVC Xmas tree exchange for Nov-Jan trips...

DisneyHeather 01-27-2013 03:33 PM

I have a trip booked for the beginning of December and am driving everyone crazy talking about it already lol. I can't wait!!

myzel 01-27-2013 06:39 PM

We will be there Dec13-27. Have done NYE that was nice. DS has wanted to do the "keys to the kingdom" tour for a few years. (must be 16) We told him he could do it for his 16th B'day it's just nice that it falls just before Christmas. Then we have DSiL and her family for gifts this year so we said. what the hey lets take them with us, 1 week only, I'm not that nice:rotfl: . We did the early Dec trip a few years back for DS's 7th B'day and MVMCP, but left before Christmas so here's hoping the weather's nice and it snows again on Main street.

lodge 01-27-2013 06:47 PM

You are going to LOVE IT there at Christmas!! It is even more magical than Christmas itself!!

Get to the MVMCP (Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party/Parade)... that's even MORE fun!!!:santa:

MFMont 01-27-2013 09:05 PM

First timers at Christmas here also. 11 month booking at BWV. We are going in March so the kids are never going to expect it. We do plan some sort of a grand surprise however not sure what we will do. We know it will be packed but so be it. Dec. 21st - 28th for us.

jnweinmann 01-27-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFMont (Post 47329585)
First timers at Christmas here also. 11 month booking at BWV. We are going in March so the kids are never going to expect it. We do plan some sort of a grand surprise however not sure what we will do. We know it will be packed but so be it. Dec. 21st - 28th for us.

Looks like we both had the same idea. Our family will also be arriving on Dec 21st at the BWV. Maybe we will run into one another.:yay:

DISNEY FIX 01-29-2013 06:26 AM

Move over were coming too! Just booked VWL for Dec 25 to Jan 4! After presents get on plane. Trying to keep it a secret?!? Lets see how that goes.:santa:

Pirate Granny 01-29-2013 06:44 AM

I'm jealous, nothing is better than VWL at Christmas?:santa:

tgropp 01-29-2013 07:11 AM

Last week was exciting here also as the 11 month window approached. We are at VWL from Dec 18-26 and BCV from 27-30. I booked the van (fantastic rate), airport hotels before departure and when we get back from our cruise in two weeks, I will be booking air flights using points rewards. It was a lot of fun so now I can just sit back and add the dining plan in december. I love planning Christmas trips as that is my favorite time at WDW.

Chim Chiminy 01-29-2013 07:31 AM

I just booked Dec. 29-Jan. 3, technically over New Years but we will be with extended family and celebrating our Christmas together.
very excited to see the New Years fireworks at Epcot, was able to book two studios at BCV and had to get the 2 bedroom at SSr. Hopefully I won't have an issue at the 7 month window moving that over to BCV as well.

Happy99 01-29-2013 07:46 AM

we will be at AKL club 2bed Dec 26-Jan 1 :cool1: