The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Dining Plan (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Early Character Breakfasts on DDP? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3054080)

DisneyStarWisher 01-25-2013 10:23 PM

Early Character Breakfasts on DDP?

For those of you who do early morning character breakfasts and have the regular DDP, what do you eat for lunch and dinner?

AliceIn 01-25-2013 10:50 PM

We did Tusker House, Akershus, and Hollywood and Vine and all three of those are a buffet breakfast. It's a huge amount of food. You could easily skip lunch, and use a snack credit to hold you over until dinner. Some of the quick service restaurants give huge portions. Flametree and Yak and Yeti have great quick service meals.

LoriABil 01-25-2013 11:10 PM

We did Tusker House, then a late lunch (1:45 or 2) at Yak and Yeti. We went to DTD that evening and ate (OOP, I think) at Earl of Sandwich, where the kids shared an adult meal and DH and I shared an adult meal.

We have also done Cape May for breakfast, but that was a water park day, and we are never very hungry while at the water parks! That evening we had fish and chips (Yorkshire) at Epcot and watched IllumiNations.

smiths02 01-28-2013 09:19 AM

Usually we are full enough that a snack is fine for lunch, then use the CS for dinner

You could also schedule a couple of TS where sharing is allowed.

So the schedule could look like:
DHS- Hollywood & Vine breakfast, Sci Fi lunch (everyone share, pay OOP to supplement or for a kids meal/drink), CS dinner
Epcot-snack for breakfast, CS lunch, Chefs de France dinner (everyone share and possible pay OOP to supplement or for a kids meal/drink)

OR you could make the meals more at brunch times...we did this with Tusker House and 1900 PF and just had a granola bar or something for "breakfast", hit the park at rope drop (or AM EMH), had brunch and then later a snack, then a CS dinner

brymolmom 01-28-2013 01:24 PM

If we do an early morning character breakfast, we're usually set for awhile and don't require a large lunch. So sometimes I'll let my kids get 'ice cream for lunch' - they love it because it's 'cheating' (since mom would never allow it at home) and we use up snack credits. Then we'll do an early CS meal at 4 or 5.

OR we might share 3 CS meals between the 4 of us at lunchtime if everyone's really hungry for it - then get the food court pizza deal for 2 CS at the pool later for a later dinner...Feeds all 4 of us with 2 CS. So that's only 5 CS used for that day...And we'll share again another day to make up for it.

But what we really prefer is doing a later character breakfast at 10:30 or 11:00am...Oftentimes you can get stuff from the buffet that is breakfast and then get a plate full of lunch stuff afterward. Plus you're full for the whole day...And just can have some CS later.