The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Best moderate for adults only trip (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3054053)

kermit116 01-25-2013 09:12 PM

Best moderate for adults only trip

We are considering a moderate resort for an adults only trip in the spring. We were considering a deluxe (with a discount code), but we're thinking it may be better to save money on the hotel since it'll be such a short trip (4 days) and we will spend most of each day in the parks.

That said, we are considering Caribbean Beach & Coronado Springs. We had considered POR as well, but I'm not sure how I feel about the theming. Looking for tips on which moderate is the most "luxurious." Obviously I don't expect them to be as nice as the deluxes, but since it's an adults only trip we are looking for nicer rooms as opposed to a specific type of theming.

whencanwegoback 01-25-2013 10:30 PM

Coronado. Definitely for an adults only trip. But you should visit POR for the Piano Bob show.

Belle83 01-25-2013 10:41 PM

I like CBR, but would pick Coronado.

Shaden 01-26-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kermit116 (Post 47309487)
We are considering a moderate resort for an adults only trip in the spring. We were considering a deluxe (with a discount code), but we're thinking it may be better to save money on the hotel since it'll be such a short trip (4 days) and we will spend most of each day in the parks.

That said, we are considering Caribbean Beach & Coronado Springs. We had considered POR as well, but I'm not sure how I feel about the theming. Looking for tips on which moderate is the most "luxurious." Obviously I don't expect them to be as nice as the deluxes, but since it's an adults only trip we are looking for nicer rooms as opposed to a specific type of theming.

Coronado ... my wife and I honeymooned there ... very resort like. Much like a beach resort, hammocks by white sand beaches several quiet pools and one big one ... just perfect.

Yarna 01-26-2013 08:06 AM

I vote for Coronado. The room decor and bed linens are more sophisticated and very different from the other moderates. It's a beautiful resort and the walk around the lake is magical. I recommend dinner at the Maya Grill. Dinner is great dinner and the restaurante is somewhat intimate.

vettegirl 01-26-2013 08:14 AM

CSR is my fav, we have stayed 5 times and have no kiddos.

x5x5x5x5x5 01-26-2013 09:33 AM

You might want to consider the Swan and Dolphin. They are not Disney owned hotels but sometimes you can score rates similar to those of Disney's moderate resorts. While not Disney themed, they are (imo) more luxurious and comfortable than the moderate resorts. The beach around them is very pretty and there is a large beautiful themed pool. In addition (and perhaps most importantly), they are within walking distance to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. That being said, if you go with a Disney moderate - I would lean to CSR as well. It feels the most resort like of the moderates to me.

Shaden 01-26-2013 09:50 AM

Also, recommend the Casitas @ CSR :)

pjhootch 01-26-2013 09:52 AM

CSR... Very peaceful and beautiful setting.

I Love Pluto 01-26-2013 10:29 AM

POR & POFQ are excellent choices! ::yes::

blackacex2 01-26-2013 11:25 AM

CSR has that whole mexican vibe. Does a taco-bell theme do anything for you? If not, try port orleans

Shaden 01-26-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackacex2 (Post 47313702)
CSR has that whole mexican vibe. Does a taco-bell theme do anything for you? If not, try port orleans

Whoa, thats not at all the theme. It isn't actaully very "mexican" Mayan and Mexacin are two different things completely.

KCmike 01-26-2013 01:41 PM

Spend the extra money and bumped yourself to a deluxe. They are running 30% off deals. For an adults only trip I wouldn't do a moderate.

blackacex2 01-26-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaden (Post 47314486)
Whoa, thats not at all the theme. It isn't actaully very "mexican" Mayan and Mexacin are two different things completely.

That's the vibe I got when I visited the resort. If it had a different theme but the same amenities I feel like the resort would be a whole lot more popular.

cjsm&d 01-26-2013 02:37 PM

CSR is the choice for adults IMO. Spa, nice lounges, nice restaurant, big hot tub and nice pool area.

As far as the guy whith Taco Bell theming comment, I couldn't disagree more. Plus, it is very popular.

I like POR and POFQ also, and the boat to DTD is a plus.

My DW and I have stayed at all 3, and if we were going just the two of us, it'd be CSR from the mods.

However, I'd price out Swan and Dolphin. You may be able to stay for about the same as a mod and the location is the best in WDW IMO. Note; You can't use ME or DDP at Swan and Dolphin.