The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Please help me pick a moderate resort (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3054040)

Cakesy 01-25-2013 08:40 PM

Please help me pick a moderate resort

Which moderate resort would you recommend for an October trip for a family of four with a six year old girl and two year old boy? It will be a pretty short trip, but we are purposely not packing the time we do have too terribly full of parks, so we will be spending some time at the resort.

havinfun 01-25-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cakesy
Which moderate resort would you recommend for an October trip for a family of four with a six year old girl and two year old boy? It will be a pretty short trip, but we are purposely not packing the time we do have too terribly full of parks, so we will be spending some time at the resort.

I would say port orleans riverside. The royal princess rooms look amazing. When your son is older he can have his turn in Pirate room at. CBR.

Tricia's mom 01-25-2013 09:07 PM

I definitely would do port Orleans ... I prefer FQ...because of the slide at the pool.
But we have stayed at riverside many times... Our last trip was at RS. We did stay in a royal room.. It was really nice . My dd loved it.

Cakesy 01-25-2013 09:08 PM

We can only afford a standard room I think.
My main concerns are about pool/amenities/things to enjoy at the resort. And balancing that with ease of travel because of the little one.
We've never stayed on Disney property before, so I have no idea about these things.

Bellabully 01-25-2013 09:14 PM

Port Orleans French Quarter

For ease of use I would recommend POFQ, very small, easy to navigate with little ones. DD loved the pool.

tlkscott 01-25-2013 09:16 PM

For our first extended stay we are looking at coronado springs cabanas. We liked the pool there. We stayed at the pop for our short trip last year and my husband hated the decor. He felt that it was too cheese. I thought that it was neat and our 4 year old son loved looking at all the stuff there.

Tricia's mom 01-25-2013 09:24 PM

For ease with the little ones... French quarter.. Everything is close.. No far walking. And it's less crowded... No matter what building you are in ... You are very close to bus stop, boat, and main building....

I will also say this. Not to confuse you. My dd ( 5) has been to Wdw 7 times. She always asks if we are going to stay at POP... Kids love the larger than live decor At those resorts... They are great resorts with kids....kids love it.

Yarna 01-26-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tricia's mom (Post 47309594)
For ease with the little ones... French quarter.. Everything is close.. No far walking. And it's less crowded... No matter what building you are in ... You are very close to bus stop, boat, and main building....

I agree for the same reasons. However, the main pool at CBR is great and the adjoining "kiddie" pool looks amazing! I'm so jealous that I'm 6 feet and can't get in.:cool1: