The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   4 young adult ladies & 1 sink at CSR ? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3053747)

pooh2001 01-25-2013 11:51 AM

4 young adult ladies & 1 sink at CSR ?

4 young adult ladies (around age 18) all in one CSR room - not a sleeping issue with 2 queen beds - plenty of space for them.

:confused3But 1 sink in the morning.:confused3
There maybe sink use issues, even if the young ladies are all friends.

How many mirrors are there in a CSR room ?

Is there plenty of counter space near the bathroom sink?

How many electric outlets are there in the room for iPhone charging, blow dryers, etc ?

Anyone have suggestions?

aaarcher86 01-25-2013 11:59 AM

I would suggest bringing a power strip to help with charging things and any stand alone mirrors they have.

Never been to CSR but if it's anything like other standard rooms there is just a mirror over the sink like a normal bathroom.

TaraPA 01-25-2013 12:01 PM

There is the mirror above the sink and a full length mirror on the back of the door to the toilet/shower. The bathroom sink area is quite large for all their things, counter is a full length one, but if I recall, only 1 set of outelts. I also recommend a power strip. I had to move the night stand to find another outlet for charging.

If they're concerned about all their make-up, hair toiletry stuff, have one take an over-the-door or hanging plastic shoe organizer - lots of pockets to keep everything tidy.

Missytara 01-25-2013 12:32 PM

We have done 4 women in POR and all of the above listed items to bring as little extras are very helpful; such as a power strip for all the electronics and the shoe organizer over the bathroom door.

POR was great with the double sinks. We rotated in the morning getting ready. One in the shower, two at the sinks and the fourth either doing hair or make-up at the table. You can really get a rhythm going after a day or two.

Luckily, three out of the four of us are neat freaks, and kept the fourth one in line during the week, so we were like a well-oiled machine in the morning and at night.....

bizeemom4 01-25-2013 02:47 PM

I ran out of counter space and I travelled solo. It may be very congested with makeup bags, hair products, toothbrushes, etc etc etc.

Missytara 01-25-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizeemom4 (Post 47305460)
I ran out of counter space and I travelled solo. It may be very congested with makeup bags, hair products, toothbrushes, etc etc etc.

That is where the shoe organizer comes in; we did 4 in a room and each got one row to store their stuff. It gets a lot of stuff off the counter.

pooh2001 01-25-2013 06:31 PM

Sounds good - shoe organizer, power strip and night showers vs morning showers - take turns, who does what.
Extra mirrors also are great.

Thank you for all the help.
DD is bringing friends with her - all Disney veterans.
At 18 - we thought the age bracket was OK.

Thank you for all the suggestions!

deadhedjen 01-25-2013 07:10 PM

We just got back from a stay at a value (ASSp) with 4 girls.

We hung the over the door shoe hanger to the side of the one sink in the closet area against the wall. (attached it to the wire rack that hangs in the closet area) That way it was close to the sinks but not blocking the mirror on the bathroom door.

We also took along a few of those hanging closet organizers. Like they have for little kids with a cubby for each day of the week. Ours were maybe $7 at Kmart. Hung a few of those in the closet area to help keep stuff organized. I shoved make-up bags in there, flat irons, etc. And of course clothes, lol.
We use packing cubes and I would shove those in there if the girls left it laying out.

Suitcases went above the closet area on the rack. You can fit a bunch of them there.

I am not sure about CSR, but is there a little table/chairs area? Look to see if over that there might be a mirror too. Good place to plug in a flat iron, do makeup, etc.

The portable luggage rack thing provided in the room went where the opening to the connecting room would be, and my suitcase went there. One daughters suitcase went under that. Another daughter used the drawers for her stuff, and the other used a hanging closet thing.

I was surprised how organized the room stayed for our 9 days there in that little room!!

Have fun!

Grace&Carolinesmom 01-26-2013 07:37 AM

CSR rooms actually have 3 mirrors in the room. The vanity mirror, mirror on the back of the bathroom door, and a large framed mirror above the desk in the bedroom area. The desk area also has a built-in power strip which is nice for charging phones, etc. I will say however that the lighting around the desk is dim BUT it is next to the window so if it is sunny outside, you will get natural light to illuminate.

Shaden 01-26-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom (Post 47311141)
CSR rooms actually have 3 mirrors in the room. The vanity mirror, mirror on the back of the bathroom door, and a large framed mirror above the desk in the bedroom area. The desk area also has a built-in power strip which is nice for charging phones, etc. I will say however that the lighting around the desk is dim BUT it is next to the window so if it is sunny outside, you will get natural light to illuminate.

^^ This. Also, there is a lot of counter space and the bathroom mirror is very large. Easily 2 people could use it at the same time, one to each side of the sink. The division between the vanity/sink and the actual bathroom is also nice, so some of you could be using the sink while others shower in the morning.

Hope you enjoy CSR !!! Its our favourit, but its also the only one we have been to :) hahaha.