The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Poly, Lagoon View 2 Queens and a Queen sleeper? (PIC of screenshot) (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3053307)

luvdisney77 01-24-2013 01:26 PM

Poly, Lagoon View 2 Queens and a Queen sleeper? (PIC of screenshot)

Is this new? I thought the Poly just had 2 Queens and a day bed?:confused3

The site says 2 Queens and a Queen sleep sofa for the Lagoon View rooms?

Truth, or just another boo boo on Disney's website?

Deb & Bill 01-24-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvdisney77 (Post 47294644)
Is this new? I thought the Poly just had 2 Queens and a day bed?:confused3

The site says 2 Queens and a Queen sleep sofa for the Lagoon View rooms?

Truth, or just another boo boo on Disney's website?

I can't imagine how a queen sized sleeper sofa would even open up in a room that already has two queen beds in it. It has to be a typo.

luvdisney77 01-24-2013 02:21 PM

It says it for Theme Park View Rooms, too. :) Hmmmm...

luvdisney77 01-24-2013 02:31 PM

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8090/8...fc07baaf84.jpg
Polyroom by luvdisney77, on Flickr

DebbieB 01-24-2013 09:59 PM

If you do room only for lagoon or theme park view it says:

All rooms have 2 queen-size beds and a day bed, small table, chair, ceiling fan and bathroom

momof4minnies 01-24-2013 10:39 PM

I wish it were true, however, I believe this maybe incorrect for the queen sleeper. The description still says "sleeps 5". If it were a queen sleeper and not the day bed it would be "sleeps 6". Something definitely to keep an eye on.

Polydweller 01-25-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momof4minnies (Post 47300211)
I wish it were true, however, I believe this maybe incorrect for the queen sleeper. The description still says "sleeps 5". If it were a queen sleeper and not the day bed it would be "sleeps 6". Something definitely to keep an eye on.

Nope, the size of beds does not equate to room capacity. You can have six sleeping spots but fire codes limit the room capacity to 5. So, they can only advertise the rated room capacity thus "sleeps 5".

I have seen pictures of the new daybeds coming with the room refresh that's underway and they do look larger but I haven't seen anything about them being Queen yet, or at least until this and it might be possible.

CaliforniaDreaming 01-25-2013 07:28 PM

The newer longhouses may have room (such as Tahiti), but this is the first that I've seen anything pointed at there possibly being a change. I'm sure it would be popular!

bookwormde 01-26-2013 04:16 AM

I have looked at almost all the Deluxe and Moderate resorts and none of them are limited by fire code capacity. it is all about how much room there is in the rooms, and what Disney thinks will make the most $

Cindie-rella 01-26-2013 06:05 AM

Take into consideration the site you got that info from. It does not look like an actual Disney site nor one dedicated to Disney. Maybe they just put out the wrong info? :confused3 These POLY experts here should know I'm sure. I'd trust their word and info before a 3rd or 4th party site. ;):thumbsup2

Mousemommy1 01-26-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindie-rella (Post 47311024)
Take into consideration the site you got that info from. It does not look like an actual Disney site nor one dedicated to Disney. Maybe they just put out the wrong info? :confused3 These POLY experts here should know I'm sure. I'd trust their word and info before a 3rd or 4th party site. ;):thumbsup2

That is actually the Disney website .... The new and "improved" version.

Mariep26 01-26-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

That is actually the Disney website .... The new and "improved" version.

Ditto. That is definitely the new site.

luvdisney77 01-26-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindie-rella

Yes, that IS the actual Disney site. Why would I post it from any other site?

luvdisney77 01-26-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindie-rella

And how would you put the wrong info in? Poly Lagoon View room, please. Oh, I see there is a Queen sleeper listed multiple times on Disney's new website. Get YOUR facts straight.

momof4minnies 01-26-2013 11:20 AM

[QUOTE=Polydweller;47303381]Nope, the size of beds does not equate to room capacity. You can have six sleeping spots but fire codes limit the room capacity to 5. So, they can only advertise the rated room capacity thus "sleeps 5"./QUOTE]

Okay, I have a lil confession. I"m a lil obsessive. Actually, I think most Disney lovers are. Several years ago when my youngest of 4 was 3, we did not fit into a room for 5 anymore. I looked at square footage of rooms. The number of people to the square footage didn't match up at all the resorts. As I am sure many have been told by the reservation cast members, the number of people in a room is determined by fire code. SOOOOOooooo, I called the county fire chief and inquired what the criteria was for the Disney properties for number of people in a room. He said it was determined by Disney and reported to the fire department how many people are in a specific room in the specific resorts. This way they would know the maximum number of guests. So, yes it is fire code, however that code is based on what Disney sets.