The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Booking two nights separately.... (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3053160)

indimom 01-24-2013 10:27 AM

Booking two nights separately....
 
A question for the RPR experts.

We have booked a two night stay at RPR in July.
Since that time, I received an offer from Amex that may be a huge benefit. Spend $500, get enough rewards for a $400 discount on hotels/flights/etc. Since we use our CC for all our monthly bills and pay off at the end of the month, this seems like a great deal to earn some money toward our trip. So, I signed DH and myself up and we now have our cards. This means we will each have $400 in rewards by the time our trip comes up.

Here is what I would like to do. Book each night separately on one of our cards. Night one on mine, night two on his, if that makes sense. Then we can pay off those stays with the rewards on each card. But, since it's a short stay, I would prefer to NOT change rooms. Do you think we can do this? Will the front desk work with us or want to kill us??

Thanks for any advice. If I'm missing something with this plan, please let me know. (Oh, I do plan to cancel our current ressie, since it was booked on another card before I got this offer.)

damo 01-24-2013 11:30 AM

It shouldn't be an issue. I probably wouldn't have booked two separate rooms but just split it when I paid at the front desk.

You should give reservations a call and double check that you can do that but I don't see why it wouldn't be an issue. Some people pay part in cash and part with credit card, some people are friends who want to split the costs and so put half on one card and half on the other. I don't see why it would be an issue to just have one booking and just have front desk divide up the bill.

macraven 01-24-2013 05:47 PM

when you book a stay for the hotels, you pay a deposit which is a one night stay at the time of booking.

if you only book a one night, you pay the charge and owe nothing on that room cost when you checkout.


i have no idea of how it works to book a room and instead of a cc for payment, do the reward points. i'm sure something in that booking process is set up for using reward points at time of booking.

i just have never gone that route.


if you book a room in your namd and another room, different date in your spouse's name, have the TM link the two reservations together so you do not have to change rooms.

it can be done.
i did that on one of my trips last year.

that will prevent you from having to relocate to another room.

indimom 01-25-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macraven (Post 47296831)
when you book a stay for the hotels, you pay a deposit which is a one night stay at the time of booking.

if you only book a one night, you pay the charge and owe nothing on that room cost when you checkout.


i have no idea of how it works to book a room and instead of a cc for payment, do the reward points. i'm sure something in that booking process is set up for using reward points at time of booking.

i just have never gone that route.


if you book a room in your namd and another room, different date in your spouse's name, have the TM link the two reservations together so you do not have to change rooms.

it can be done.
i did that on one of my trips last year.

that will prevent you from having to relocate to another room.

Thank you damo and macraven, that's what I needed to know. I think I've got the booking/points issue straightened out, although it took me a bit. :rotfl:

damo 01-25-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indimom (Post 47300684)
Thank you damo and macraven, that's what I needed to know. I think I've got the booking/points issue straightened out, although it took me a bit. :rotfl:

Just give them a call. They should be able to tell you the best way to do it. It won't be an issue.

macraven 01-25-2013 05:37 PM

give us a heads up on how the process worked for you by booking with points instead of cc.

then if this question would arise again in the future, we will have an idea on how it works.
:)

indimom 01-26-2013 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macraven (Post 47307092)
give us a heads up on how the process worked for you by booking with points instead of cc.

then if this question would arise again in the future, we will have an idea on how it works.
:)

I will. And thanks again for the help.

macraven 01-26-2013 03:35 PM

:wave2:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.