The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Booking another Cruise while onboard (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3052801)

My2Angels 01-23-2013 02:57 PM

Booking another Cruise while onboard

We will be taking our first DCL cruise on the Dream in Feb. I am already thinking about booking another one!! What is the benefit of booking your next cruise while onboard? Do they offer special discounts like the Bounceback offers at WDW? Just curious.

UmmGooD 01-23-2013 03:00 PM

The deposit amount is reduced to 10%.

You get a 10% discount off of the cruise fair.

There is an on board credit depending on the length of the cruise you book. I believe it is:
$100 < 7 days
$200 >= 7 days

scrapbookmomma74 01-23-2013 04:47 PM

Another bonus of booking onboard is the ability to move it to when you actually want to sail, so you don't even have to have a date in mind. When you move it, you still get the 10% off, the onboard credit, and the 10% down. Its kind of a no-brainer to book while onboard.

suziesas 01-23-2013 07:17 PM

Does the 10 perfect discount apply to concierges rooms as well?

Meghatron 01-23-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziesas
Does the 10 perfect discount apply to concierges rooms as well?

No.

suziesas 01-23-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meghatron

No.

Thanks! Just hopeful!!! :)

su_A_ve 01-24-2013 12:40 AM

Also, not combinable with any other Disney offer such KSF or FL rate, or Disney visa rewards OBC.

Note however that you can mention a TA name and you will get their OBC offers.

tassma 01-24-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by su_A_ve
Also, not combinable with any other Disney offer such KSF or FL rate, or Disney visa rewards OBC.

Could you please spell out these acronyms? I need some help....

GetGlowing 01-24-2013 01:49 AM

Kids Sail Free
Travel Agent
Onboard Credit ...

If i could afford to keep the deposit money tied up with Disney and wanted to sail when a special offer came out, I would keep the onboard booking dummy date and book any special offers as a new booking.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

tictoc 01-24-2013 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tassma

Could you please spell out these acronyms? I need some help....

FL is Florida resident rate
KSF is Kids Sail Free
OBC is on board credit
TA is travel agent

Brooksmakingmemories 01-24-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by su_A_ve (Post 47289509)

So if you book your next cruise onboard with a 10% deposit and you later opt for a KSF cruise, do you then have to pay another 10% down for the deposit?

Brooksmakingmemories 01-24-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GetGlowing (Post 47289719)
Kids Sail Free
Travel Agent
Onboard Credit ...

If i could afford to keep the deposit money tied up with Disney and wanted to sail when a special offer came out, I would keep the onboard booking dummy date and book any special offers as a new booking.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

What would be the benefit? The previous poster indicated that cruises booked on board on not eligible for special offers. Can you then book your new cruise with only the 10% deposit already paid?

About to go on our first cruise and already planning for a second! With 3 kids, hoping to catch another KSF.

tassma 02-02-2013 12:37 AM

Thank you...now they seem obvious?

ruadisneyfan2 02-02-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooksmakingmemories (Post 47293045)
So if you book your next cruise onboard with a 10% deposit and you later opt for a KSF cruise, do you then have to pay another 10% down for the deposit?

A cruise that was booked onboard requires half of one that's booked on land:
Land booking requires 20% of pre-tax amount.
OBB (onboard booking) requires 10%.
If you have an OBB and you find a KSF deal, it's smarter to NOT cancel the OBB but really just move it to some far out date, then book the KSF as a new cruise. Move the OBB to any cheap cruise to keep the deposit to a minimum.AKA: dummy date
Once you cancel an OBB, it's gone until you can get back onboard and book another.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooksmakingmemories (Post 47293070)
What would be the benefit? The previous poster indicated that cruises booked on board on not eligible for special offers. Can you then book your new cruise with only the 10% deposit already paid?
You just can't combine multiple different offers. Which means if you booked onboard, then same cruise offers KSF, you can't get kids free + get 10% off the 2 adults + OBC. It's OBB or KSF, not both. This is completely separate from any OBC a TA might offer.
About to go on our first cruise and already planning for a second! With 3 kids, hoping to catch another KSF.

With 3 kids, KSF is definitely the best deal. You would all have to share 1 cabin though which is very tight.

eta: The deposit will vary according to total cost of cruise and whether or not it was booked onboard. The OBB perks follow that particular confirmation # so if you move an OBB to a later date, that new later cruise will only require 10% deposit. The "new" reservation # that has the KSF attached will now require a 20% deposit.

hth:goodvibes

su_A_ve 02-02-2013 02:15 AM

I cruised last August and booked a dummy cruise for Dec 2013. Goal here was to move it to Dec 2014 anyway. Booked 1 inside cabin, only one person on a 3night. Deposit was about $95.

But we jumped on KSF for next week. So I kept my dummy booking untouched. Next week I will book another dummy one for the future...