The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Big River Grille (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3052723)

3honzes 01-23-2013 11:47 AM

Big River Grille

Does anyone have any feedback on this restaurant. I can't seem to find much about this one except for the menu. We are thinking of going here on Fathers day for the 2 dads that will be along.

jlsmith376 01-23-2013 12:01 PM

We had drinks and appetizers there and it was okay. The best part was being able to sit outside on the Boardwalk.

Jestocost 01-23-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3honzes (Post 47282547)
Does anyone have any feedback on this restaurant. I can't seem to find much about this one except for the menu. We are thinking of going here on Fathers day for the 2 dads that will be along.

It's fine. Nothing spectacular. Nothing terrible. The beer selection is more varied and interesting that you typically find at WDW, as you might imagine.

Big River is run by the same company that runs the Gordon Biersch and Rock Bottom brewery/restaurant chains, if that helps.

Gretch22 01-23-2013 12:07 PM

We ate there last June. It was normal Applebees type of food. It seemed pretty small as well. It was fun to be on the Boardwalk.

Angeejoe 01-23-2013 12:20 PM

DH & I did lunch there in 2011& dinner in 2012. The food to me is of the Applebee's variety, but the beers great. We got the beer sampler to try it all both times For the lunch we sat near the glassed in brewery & watched the brewmaster working which was cool, and then the brewmaster came out & talked to us for awhile explaining the process. The brewmaster ended up been from the same area where we were from, he was super nice. The dinner we had was in the evening & we were able to see fireworks from illuminations & watch all the happens on the Boardwalk & Crescent Lake! The beer & the view made it worth it, food just average. We also didn't need an ADR for it, just walked up & seated in a few mins. We stayed at BC/YC so it was quick boat ride back.

Angeejoe 01-23-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gretch22 (Post 47282772)
We ate there last June. It was normal Applebees type of food. It seemed pretty small as well. It was fun to be on the Boardwalk.

Gretch22 great minds think alike! That's so funny we both said Applebee's!! I didn't see your post until mine posted! Lol! :rotfl2:

akadada 01-23-2013 12:29 PM

Applebees is a great analogy. Beer is decent to very good. It exceeded my low expectations for the place. I would go back.

justcantwait 01-23-2013 12:49 PM

Big River is always dinner on our first night there. We love being able to ease into the trip with a relaxing dinner, sitting outside on the Boardwalk and people watching. Food is average to above average IMO. Never had a bad meal, just nothing extraordinary. DH loves the beer flight. After dinner, walk the Boardwalk, check out the entertainment and have dessert at Seashore Sweets or Boardwalk Bakery (currently undergoing refurb). I say try it. What do you have to lose? It's one meal out of one day of one trip. If you don't like it, move on to the next one. If you like it, you have another place to add to your options! :cool1:

Kathy

The big Disney nerd 01-23-2013 01:45 PM

I personally think the BBQ meatloaf is great!:love::love: But I agree most of the food is in the good, not great catagory.

davedmaine 01-23-2013 02:30 PM

Burgers are really good. Nice selection of beers. Atmosphere isn't much to write home about.. Location is great..

Tink10 01-23-2013 02:33 PM

We've been there maybe 5 or 6 times over the past 10 years. The beer is pretty good, :drinking1

....But I've never had a good meal there. ESPN is much tastier and quite a but more consistent.