The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Rumors and News (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Iger's 2012 compensation: $40.2 million (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3052423)

crazy4wdw 01-22-2013 09:03 PM

Iger's 2012 compensation: $40.2 million
 
From the LA Times:

Quote:

Disney's Bob Iger gets pay boost

By Richard Verrier, Los Angeles Times
7:11 p.m. EST, January 18, 2013

Robert Iger, chief executive of Walt Disney Co., got a big pay raise last year.

Iger, 61, who also serves as chairman of the Burbank-based entertainment company, received total compensation valued at $40.2 million in the last fiscal year, a 20% increase over the prior year, according to a regulatory filing.

The pay package included a bonus of $16.5 million, and $9.53 million in stock awards, in addition to $2.5 million in salary and nearly $4 million in other compensation, a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission shows.

Iger's compensation, which is mainly tied to the financial performance of Disney, reflected a strong year for the owner of Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios and ESPN.

The entertainment giant's revenue rose 3% to a record $42.3 billion in the year ended Sept. 29. Profits climbed 18% to $5.68 billion in the year.

"The compensation committee strongly believes in pay for performance and that our ongoing success is in large part due to the contributions of the senior management team under the leadership of our CEO, Robert A. Iger," the company's filing said.

Iger also assumed the added role of chairman last year. He will remain CEO until until March 2015. Iger's overall compensation, including pension benefits, in 2011 was $33.4 million.

Disney's share price closed Friday at $52.34, down 7 cents. It has gained 5.1% so far this year and rose 76% in the last fiscal year.

Peter Pirate 2 01-22-2013 09:11 PM

Yeah. Well, he really earned it darn it!

Arsenal1982 01-22-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Pirate 2 (Post 47276952)
Yeah. Well, he really earned it darn it!


He certainly did in 2012. Pull up a stock chart for Disney. Absolutely fantastic performance for shareholders so have no problem with Iger getting his payday.

lockedoutlogic 01-23-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arsenal1982 (Post 47277516)
He certainly did in 2012. Pull up a stock chart for Disney. Absolutely fantastic performance for shareholders so have no problem with Iger getting his payday.

if you believe that stocks aren't red herrings...

but bob has just done what was obvious...and it has served him well. lots of people have made money off his tenure (most who probably don't need it...to say nothing of deserve)...but he can't really be picked at after his three big acquisitions.

Peter Pirate 2 01-23-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic (Post 47287145)
if you believe that stocks aren't red herrings...

but bob has just done what was obvious...and it has served him well. lots of people have made money off his tenure (most who probably don't need it...to say nothing of deserve)...but he can't really be picked at after his three big acquisitions.

:cheer2:I found no standing ovation icon, so the cheerleader will have to do!

eeyorepixie 01-29-2013 07:43 PM

O.K. I know this is a bit OT, but I figured if anyone whoud know it would be the people on this board...My DD is doing a project for school and the kids in her class need to write to a buisness, and having a disney obsessed mom, my mania has been passed down to her...sniff...sniff...I am so proud:lmao:

Anyhoo, does anyone know Iger's address, so she can write to him?

Arsenal1982 01-29-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeyorepixie (Post 47349775)
O.K. I know this is a bit OT, but I figured if anyone whoud know it would be the people on this board...My DD is doing a project for school and the kids in her class need to write to a buisness, and having a disney obsessed mom, my mania has been passed down to her...sniff...sniff...I am so proud:lmao:

Anyhoo, does anyone know Iger's address, so she can write to him?

Write Disney CEO, Robert Iger!
Robert A. Iger,
President and CEO of the Walt Disney Company
500 S. Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521
Email: robert.a.iger@disney.com

eeyorepixie 01-29-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arsenal1982 (Post 47349841)
Write Disney CEO, Robert Iger!
Robert A. Iger,
President and CEO of the Walt Disney Company
500 S. Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521
Email: robert.a.iger@disney.com

Thanks so much, you just made a little girl very happy:thanks:

TinaLala 02-01-2013 10:45 PM

So will the Disney tickets go up 20% next year so he can balance his financial statements.

Arsenal1982 02-02-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinaLala (Post 47381254)
So will the Disney tickets go up 20% next year so he can balance his financial statements.


They should go up to $1000 if that's what people are willing to pay.

lockedoutlogic 02-02-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arsenal1982 (Post 47384412)
They should go up to $1000 if that's what people are willing to pay.

but that would only allow the fat to become fatter...

it wouldn't mean good things for the consumer or the "non-executive" employees.


so knowing that...why don't we just keep the prices the same, shall we?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.