The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Should we eat in Cabanas or the restaurant on embarkation day (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3052262)

Donna M 01-22-2013 04:29 PM

Should we eat in Cabanas or the restaurant on embarkation day

We will be a group of 4 adults, which would you recommend and why?

Is there an outdoor area at Cabanas like on the Wonder?

Is one less chaotic/noisy than the other?

One quicker?

More selection?

allears 01-22-2013 04:49 PM

Many here have posted that the selection is a little better than at the Enchanted Garden, but it can be a little chaotic with people trying to figure out the lay out.

On the classic ships I've opted for Parrot Cay after trying Topsiders the first couple of times. I love eating breakfast there, but found it a bit hard to get around with carry ons and the crowd.

This time I'm planning on checking out Cabanas to see what it's like. And yes there is an outside dining area.

bats 01-22-2013 04:49 PM

Do you mean when you first get onboard?
If yes, definitely Cabanas as the views are great and they do have a lovely outdoor seating area.

If its for the evening, then no, I'd go to the MDR so I could meet the servers and other table mates (if you have any). If you're on a longer cruise (7 nights), then you can always go for a serviced meal at Cabanas on another night. Don't forget that they don't do their sit down meals on the first and last nights though.

allears 01-22-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bats (Post 47274202)
Do you mean when you first get onboard?
If yes, definitely Cabanas as the views are great and they do have a lovely outdoor seating area.

If its for the evening, then no, I'd go to the MDR so I could meet the servers and other table mates (if you have any). If you're on a longer cruise (7 nights), then you can always go for a serviced meal at Cabanas on another night. Don't forget that they don't do their sit down meals on the first and last nights though.

Pretty sure they meant lunch, but one never knows.

taylor3297 01-22-2013 04:55 PM

delete, wrong thread

allears 01-22-2013 04:56 PM

deleting response to delete post

neg58 01-22-2013 05:44 PM

One reason I'd go to Cabanas is because it's outside, in the sun, and you can see all the way to the space center and the ocean and Florida, and all the people. Just a more 'cruise' atmosphere. That, of course, assumes it is a nice day.

Another reason I've heard is that it is nice to 'save' the first impression of the MDRs until you actually eat there for dinner. It was pretty nice to walk into the Royal with the evening presentation.

It really is just a personal preference. Do you want the deck atmosphere or a restaurant one? You really can't go wrong either way and there is always tomorrow to change your mind if you didn't like what you picked today.

Nancy