The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Adding celebrations to fining reservations in My Disney Experience? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3052254)

poohj80 01-22-2013 04:10 PM

Adding celebrations to fining reservations in My Disney Experience?

Hi all,

It used to be that after making dining reservations online, we could add a celebration to a reservation. I have not been able to figure out how to do this with the new My Disney Experience. Wondering if anyone could please point me in the right direction if you have figured it out please. Last ditch effort is I will call.

Thanks,
PJ

Lauralooneyfordisney 01-22-2013 05:09 PM

I was wondering this also. I had some of mine set up before it switched to the new website so I am assuming they are there even though you can't see it. :confused3 It gave you the option to transfer your dining reservations. I don't know if they are trying to do away with the celebrations at the restaurants or what. Hopefully someone will chime in with their experience. Like you I will probably just call and ask if nothing else.

xApril 01-22-2013 05:58 PM

I'm also curious about this. I made a reservation in April for my birthday and added the celebration before the switch over. Just want to know if it's still in there or not.

poohj80 01-22-2013 08:42 PM

Kinda glad I'm not the only one but sorry others are having the same difficulties too.

disnmooner2013 01-22-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poohj80 (Post 47273765)
Hi all,

It used to be that after making dining reservations online, we could add a celebration to a reservation. I have not been able to figure out how to do this with the new My Disney Experience. Wondering if anyone could please point me in the right direction if you have figured it out please. Last ditch effort is I will call.

Thanks,
PJ

While the new website is getting much better some things still have not been updated on it. To add celebrations to your reservations from what I was told you still are going to have to call for now.

poohj80 01-22-2013 08:57 PM

Thanks! It definitely has gotten better since the first time I checked it out. Was able to add DME info without calling plus already checked in. Will wait to see if this feature becomes available like the old system. Otherwise, I'll just call.

fairy8i8 01-22-2013 09:39 PM

In the news they talk about the ability of CMs to spontaneously congratulate guests who are celebrating. Is there some place else on the site that you can enter in your celebration? However, I still think it best to call and make sure a note is placed on the dining reservation.

poohj80 01-22-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairy8i8
In the news they talk about the ability of CMs to spontaneously congratulate guests who are celebrating. Is there some place else on the site that you can enter in your celebration? However, I still think it best to call and make sure a note is placed on the dining reservation.

It is on our resort reservation but if the Magic bands aren't implemented by our trip, don't think they will be able to tie it to our APs yet.

msmama 01-23-2013 10:43 AM

I did it yesterday. I think if you go to the page with your reservations (which I can get to about half the time), I think you have to click on Details and then on the right side there's a button that is something about adding celebrations.

Of course I can't be more specific because I can't get there at all at the moment (how such a massively huge international company can have such a crappy website is beyond me). Still, I'm fairly certain I did it yesterday, lol.

AngiTN 01-23-2013 11:37 AM

Urgh, I've been trying to figure out how to do it too. I have an iPad, which still accesses the old site. I did all my ressies on there and added the celebration. Of course, I hope that transferred over but can't know for sure on the new site. I looked for the link PP referred to but I can't seem to find it.

poohj80 01-24-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msmama (Post 47281195)
I did it yesterday. I think if you go to the page with your reservations (which I can get to about half the time), I think you have to click on Details and then on the right side there's a button that is something about adding celebrations.

Of course I can't be more specific because I can't get there at all at the moment (how such a massively huge international company can have such a crappy website is beyond me). Still, I'm fairly certain I did it yesterday, lol.

I'm trying this now and in My Reservations of My Disney Experience. I clicked on Details for a dining reservation and still see nothing about adding a celebration.

WildernessMickey 01-24-2013 12:41 PM

I just transferred some older dining reservations to the new site yesterday via my computer. I do not remember seeing a place to add celebrations but I may have missed it. But after I transferred the old reservations, they all showed up on the new site along with my newer reservations.

I like having everything in one place that I can print to. Now I just have to get my phone app to work!

LittleStinkerbelle 01-24-2013 12:47 PM

I was wondering this as well, and also wondering if we could just mention it when we check in at the podium.

DD's birthday dinner is at BoG and that's the only one I care about because I'm really hoping we get the grey stuff and I heard it's only if you're celebrating.:blush:

poohj80 01-24-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleStinkerbelle (Post 47293524)
I was wondering this as well, and also wondering if we could just mention it when we check in at the podium.

DD's birthday dinner is at BoG and that's the only one I care about because I'm really hoping we get the grey stuff and I heard it's only if you're celebrating.:blush:

I agree! I was able to get the phone app to work but had to put some reservations in by hand while others imported automatically. Maybe I didn't give the system enough time to catch up.

anthoran 01-24-2013 01:40 PM

Unfortunately, right now you have to call to add celebrations. At least that's what the cast member told me when we talked to them. I suspect this will be added to the website eventually.