The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Dining Plan (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Children Eating Adult CS Meals... (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3052052)

SumWhrOvrThRanBo 01-22-2013 10:25 AM

Children Eating Adult CS Meals...

I read on a blog not long ago that there is no way to differentiate kids & adult credits at a counter service eatery so kids can choose anything off the menu. Is this true?

momto3pirates 01-22-2013 11:12 AM

It states in the dining plan rules that kids must eat off the kids menu when there is one available. On your KTTW card it will list the number of children and adults and you will be limited to ordering that number of each. If you have 2A/4C you cannot order more than 2 adult meals.

smitch425 01-22-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumWhrOvrThRanBo (Post 47270637)
I read on a blog not long ago that there is no way to differentiate kids & adult credits at a counter service eatery so kids can choose anything off the menu. Is this true?

As mentioned, the rule is that children must order from the children's menu unless there is no children's menu available. That is Disney's rule and therefore that is also the Disboards rule. It is against the rules to discuss ways around Disney rules on the Disboards, so if this thread vanishes or gets locked, you now know why. :rotfl:

davedmaine 01-22-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumWhrOvrThRanBo (Post 47270637)

That is correct. There is no differentiation between adult and kids CS meals

Bearybear 01-23-2013 09:00 PM

When we were there last year, the manager at Cosmic Rays told us that our son (then 7) could order anything off the menu. I don't know if that is due to my son being a vegetarian and he can't eat food coloring, or if the manager has that rule for everyone.

luvs2travl 01-23-2013 09:20 PM

You are correct your receipt will keep track of adult table service, children table service, all quick service meals and all snacks.

The way it was explained to me by a CM at the GF's Gasparilla's Grille, should a child not like what is offered on the kids menu, they are permitted to order off the adult menu.

My son wanted pizza and the kids menu at the time was something like nuggets and grilled cheese. The manager said it was no problem to substitute the pizza.

It's not like we were asking for an adult porterhouse steak :rotfl2:

tinkerpea 01-23-2013 09:30 PM

Your correct there is no way to see wether it's kids meals or adults when it comes to QS meals.

LilyWDW 01-24-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitch425 (Post 47271183)
As mentioned, the rule is that children must order from the children's menu unless there is no children's menu available. That is Disney's rule and therefore that is also the Disboards rule. It is against the rules to discuss ways around Disney rules on the Disboards, so if this thread vanishes or gets locked, you now know why. :rotfl:

Just quoting this...

Dining Plan literature states that a child MUST order off the kids menu if one is available. While some people may have run into CMs who have told them otherwise, the literature is the "official" say of the company.

MickeyGs 01-27-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davedmaine

That is correct. There is no differentiation between adult and kids CS meals

I was wondering about this too. My son will likely want some cs like a turkey leg and stuff from French bakery where there is no kid menu... S it will be like adult. But later we can still use adult credits, since they're the same we won't be "short" and forced to order kiddie food for the adults? It just seems weird...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards