First time staying at AKL Kidani - what do I need to know?
Just booked for August 2013 and we chose a 1BR Villa at Kidani. :banana: Since this is or first time there we opted for Savanna view and I'm so hoping it's worth it! I am a bit nervous- our kids are (will be) 8 and 10 and we have never slept with them in "another" room - we've done studio's up until this point so they've been in the same bedroom with us. This time the pullout is in the livingroom while DH and I are in the Master BR. While we will finally have privacy on vacation, I still get nervous! Not sure why but I'll get over it! :upsidedow
So here are my main questions for now..... (and I will take any and all advice and comments NOT related to my questions if you have stuff to share about this resort!!)
1. Does Kidani have it's own check in area. We will be taking ME Bus so do we get dropped off at the main lodge to check in or stay on the ME bus and go directly to Kidani?
2. We've always stayed at VWL where all the ammenities- store, QS and TS restaurants, etc. are in the main hotel and the villa's seperate. Is the set up the same at AK with everything at the main lodge (is it Jambo or Jumbo house)?
3. Which building is the child care center at? (Simba's club house). Would you recommend it (if you've used it) or should we go with an outside sitter service? I'd like an adult night out.
4. How long is the walk between buildings and what are the main reasons I'd need to go to the main lodge (what is missing from Kidani that I may want to get at the main lodge?).
5. I know each section has it's own pool and I've heard the pool at Kidani is favored by a lot of disers over the pool at the main lodge. What about playgrounds and other stuff for the kids to do? Is there a big difference? Will I find plenty for them to do? Since it's August (and going to be damn hot) we plan on spending time at the hotel and doing more park time at night or early morning when it's a bit cooler).
I think that's it for my "big" questions. I reallly don't know what to expect, look forward to, etc... I'm just totally pumped that we are all booked and flights are all set so we are actually GOING TO DISNEY AGAIN (mind you, we just went in October! LOL!!!) :rotfl:
Kidani has its own check in.
There is one TS retaurant at Kidani, Sanaa, which I highly recommend. There is also a store. It's smaller than the huge store at Jambo but it's adequate.
The walk from lobby to lobby between Kidani and Jambo took us 7 minutes at a leisurely pace. You could have a much longer walk depending on where your room is located--the resort is very long.
Staying at Kidani, you can catch any park bus (not DTD bus) and it will stop at Jambo before heading to the park. Or you can wait for the shuttle van that runs between the two. Mostly we walk but we've caught a park bus on occasion if the timing was right.
THe kids' club is at Jambo. I recommend all of Disney's kids' clubs. Our grandchildren would rather go there than go out to dinner with their parents and grandparents!!!!
You can use either pool but I think Kidani has the better children's play area.
The biggest thing missing from Kidani that Jambo has is 1) counter service. Mara at Jambo is one of my favorite counter services but Kidani has nothing except a few things at the pool bar.
The other thing missing is the "wow" factor of the lobby. Kidani's lobby is small. I actually love it but it doesn't give you that awe inspiring moment you get when you walk into Jambo.
The villas at Kidani are stunning. You will love the one bedroom and you will love the savannah view. I've stayed at every DVC and deluxe at WDW, DLR Aulani and DLRP and Kidani is my favorite. I hope you enjoy your stay there.
We LOVE Kidani! We have been DVC since 1995 when OKW was the whole DVC; stayed at many properties and Kidani is one of our all time favorites!
We stayed in a 2 bedroom in Kidani in August and absolutely loved it! We were on the 3rd floor on the sunset savannah and it was beautiful. We always had animals outside the room, the walk to the lobby was not terrible, we were right by the pool too. The pool was awesome! We had my dd11, my ds 4 at the time, my nephews 8 and 7 with us and everyone loved it. My dd slept on the pullout bed, my ds on the pullout chair. My nephews and sister had the second bedroom and my dh and i had the master bedroom. It was spacious and everyone enjoyed our stay.
We ate at Jiko one night and loved it! We walked over!
I stayed at Kidani with my family in studio this past summer and we had a very nice time.
Here is my trip report for references - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975354
My only main concern with the resort was that Kidani did not have their own real QS place. That was a main topic on my report. You will see when you read it.
Now for your questions:
1. Yes, Kidani does have their own check in.
2. You can buy dry goods at Johari Treasures + souvineers, refillable mugs, drink station ect. As for QS - you can read about that in my trip report. Jambo House does have a very good QS.
3. I'm not sure for this one
4. about 15 mins. We did not actually walk there. You can take a bus to AKL and back - Its any bus except DTD and only DTD back. (Kindai and AKL share buses for parks and Idani gets picked up first for parks.)
5. The pool area at Kidani is much better then the Lodge. They have a great pool and slide. There is also a great playground/water area for children. Really well done. The lidge has an ok pool - you are allowed to use this one also.
Any other questions you can ask away!!
You guys are awesome as always! Thanks so much. I'm looking forward to our stay even more after reading how much you all love Kidani! I can deal with the walk if we need CS - we'll have a full kitchen and to cut costs will probably stock up from garden grocer for breakfast and snack essentials, and some light lunch items for days we may actually be there for lunch (sandwichs and chips anyone?). :thumbsup2
You can order room service to be delivered to the pool at kidani! Use the phone at the pools bar. I Much rather have that than a qs. Wish more resorts would let you. I never like qs food
We loved Kidani very much, my DH was skeptical and is now his favorite.My kids are requesting Kidani for our 2013 trip!!. We stayed in a savannah view 2 br. on lobby floor ( which is 2nd floor), which in my OP is AWESOME. The kids activities are the best at Kidani.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.