The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Strange question (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051670)

Fairiesx3 01-21-2013 05:04 PM

Strange question
 
Hi all!
My husband and I eloped and are now planning a small "wedding" for our kids. We are planning a wdw trip the end of may. I know u can watch the fireworks from the beach at the poly. Do you think it would be possible to stage a quick fake wedding(under 10 minutes) on the beach, eat dinner, then watch the fireworks? I don't want to go through Disney because of the expense and we are already married. Just need a quick vow exchange before dinner. Do you think it's possible?

Deb & Bill 01-21-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairiesx3 (Post 47263340)
Hi all!
My husband and I eloped and are now planning a small "wedding" for our kids. We are planning a wdw trip the end of may. I know u can watch the fireworks from the beach at the poly. Do you think it would be possible to stage a quick fake wedding(under 10 minutes) on the beach, eat dinner, then watch the fireworks? I don't want to go through Disney because of the expense and we are already married. Just need a quick vow exchange before dinner. Do you think it's possible?

All weddings on Disney property need to go through Disney. And they aren't cheap.

You might try someplace offsite, like a park or something.

Itinkso 01-21-2013 05:33 PM

It sounds like you just want to stand on the beach, recite a few lines to your spouse while your children watch, and then move on to dinner. You should be able to do this anywhere on the beach. Many people get engaged on the beach and the Photopass CMs take pics; this sounds more low-key than that. There is also a nice gazebo on the Boardwalk in front of the ESPN restaurant.

minnie mum 01-21-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairiesx3 (Post 47263340)
Hi all!
My husband and I eloped and are now planning a small "wedding" for our kids. We are planning a wdw trip the end of may. I know u can watch the fireworks from the beach at the poly. Do you think it would be possible to stage a quick fake wedding(under 10 minutes) on the beach, eat dinner, then watch the fireworks? I don't want to go through Disney because of the expense and we are already married. Just need a quick vow exchange before dinner. Do you think it's possible?

As long as you are keeping it very low key, basically a small group enjoying a private moment, then you will probably be fine. As long as you aren't making a big deal with wedding dresses, flowers and a minister. I'd recommend that you try Sunset Pointe (if it isn't already being used for a wedding) since it is a bit more out of the way and you won't be surrounded by people who just want to enjoy the beach.

Fairiesx3 01-21-2013 06:43 PM

Thanks so much! Yes, very low key. Basically get cute for dinner, quick little moment on the beach(my uncle will fake marry us) and go on to dinner to celebrate. We would find somewhere out of the way so we don't disturb anyone. Thanks for the location suggestions too!

chefmb 01-21-2013 08:20 PM

My brother and Sister-in-law renewed their vows for their 25th anniversary. It was just them and their three children. The kids "officiated". They just used a main (public) balcony at the Wilderness Lodge (where they were staying)--it actually was a beautiful setting. Then they had a wonderful dinner at Narcoosee's and went to the Fireworks Dessert Party at MK to celebrate. Enjoy your special time, and CONGRATULATIONS!

PosadaGirl519 01-21-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb & Bill (Post 47263391)
All weddings on Disney property need to go through Disney. And they aren't cheap.

You might try someplace offsite, like a park or something.

I am judging by the wedding standards my friends had in NYC or here on Long Island. We were married in Disney is 2009. I spent half of what everyone else did for their weddings and I would re-do my day over and over. I got married at the Wedding Pavilion, reception at the Atlantic Dance Hall, and dessert party in France during Illuimations. There was a package for an intimate wedding of a dozen people that was only 5K (at the time). My friend opted for this - It was a small ceremony at the Y/BC, dessert and campaign, pictures, and video. Then I think they took everyone out to dinner after to celebrate.

I had an AMAZING experience the entire time. Everything was Disney Service. I was able to take advantage of the free consultation and menu tasting (which was AWESOME!!!) But if you guys want to keep it low key I understand that as well. You can plan the whole thing over email and phone calls and you will be given a dynamic product. You are going to be there anyway. It is worth it to have that touch of magic only Disney can do :) The cakes are outstanding! Congratulations on your wedding and I hope your marriage is full of magic :tink::bride::groom:

disnut8 01-22-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairiesx3 (Post 47264437)
Thanks so much! Yes, very low key. Basically get cute for dinner, quick little moment on the beach(my uncle will fake marry us) and go on to dinner to celebrate. We would find somewhere out of the way so we don't disturb anyone. Thanks for the location suggestions too!

We renewed our vows at the empty Off Kilter stage in Epcot ten years ago. Had the whole family there, my brother-in-law recited our vows of twenty years previous. Took about five minutes, we didn't bother anyone and no one cared. So what you want to do is fine.

Fairiesx3 01-22-2013 12:35 PM

Thank you! That is exactly what we want to do, just on the beach area. Glad to know it shouldn't be an issue :)

disnut8 01-22-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairiesx3 (Post 47271436)
Thank you! That is exactly what we want to do, just on the beach area. Glad to know it shouldn't be an issue :)

Make sure you get "Just Married" buttons from a park's Guest Relations or your resort to wear during the "ceremony". You might not have been "just married" but you kinda sorta were. So enjoy.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.