The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Rooms with two portholes (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051478)

TCrawford095 01-21-2013 11:22 AM

Rooms with two portholes
 
Does anyone have any information about the O8A category on the Disney Fantasy? The information that I have says that it has two large portholes and one bathroom. I'm trying to decide if I should try to upgrade or not, and I was interested in your opinions on this type of room.

lbgraves 01-21-2013 12:43 PM

Here are several threads that came up with a search in title only for "8a".

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8&highlight=8a
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8&highlight=8a
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8&highlight=8a
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&highlight=8a

reimero 01-21-2013 12:53 PM

That's correct. They're square-shaped, have 2 large portholes and one bathroom. Personally, I love them!

lanejudy 01-21-2013 02:20 PM

My understanding is that they were originally designed to be handicapped-accessible but for whatever reason are not designated such. But that's the reason for the square shape and 1 bathroom - and I think most do not have a tub just a shower.

betsy918 01-21-2013 05:01 PM

We have sailed in 5520 on the dream and have it booked for our next 2 cruises. It has 2 very large portholes, a dividing wall between the sleeping and sitting area, 2 tvs, the bathroom is not split, but does have a tub, and it only sleeps 3. We absolutely LOVE this room. It is massive compared to any other room. Although I do love a veranda, I far prefer the space this room provides, and the portholes are so huge you get a much better view from inside the room. Our last cruise wAs a b2b, and we could only get this room for the first leg, second leg was a veranda. Both my daughter and I felt almost claustrophobic after going from so much space to the standard sized cabin, even with the veranda. We'll always book this cabin when it's available!

outtabux 01-21-2013 05:05 PM

8A cabins
 
We just booked 6512 on the Fantasy. Would you rather have the extra space or the split bath? :banana:

TCrawford095 01-21-2013 05:37 PM

Personally, I would rather have the space. One poster mentioned that they sleep 3-- we have 4 people in our party. Are there different versions of this room because Disney booked us for 4 in this room?

outtabux 01-21-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCrawford095 (Post 47264375)
Personally, I would rather have the space. One poster mentioned that they sleep 3-- we have 4 people in our party. Are there different versions of this room because Disney booked us for 4 in this room?

I think some of the rooms on deck 5 only slept 3, but we have 4 in our family.
:banana:

TCrawford095 01-21-2013 06:09 PM

Ok...found the other threads about this topic. It answered a lot of questions. Thanks for linking me. I think I'll keep this one. Those rooms look so big that I don't think we will miss the verandah.

sunshineNJ 01-21-2013 06:51 PM

I had this room booked but changed it because for us we really need a sink outside the bathroom. It was a tough decision though because it looks great other then that.

fredgirls 01-21-2013 08:05 PM

We LOVED our 8A room (6514). We had one with a pole :goodvibes Amazing amount of room. You won't regret keeping it.
My pics might be in one o fthose links above, but easier to just post again. :) Unless you have a wider-angled lens you really don't get an good impression of how big these are!
Enjoy it!

And yes, the ones with the divider wall only sleep 3 but the open plan ones sleep 4.

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/...g/100_0165.jpg

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/...g/100_0166.jpg

outtabux 01-21-2013 08:13 PM

Thanks so much for posting the pictures. This helps a lot! I assume that is a bunk bed I see on the right side of the picture. It's all about the bunk beds for my DD6 and DS9. Did you have 4 in your room? The bathroom wasn't a big deal?
:banana:

fredgirls 01-21-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outtabux (Post 47266131)
Thanks so much for posting the pictures. This helps a lot! I assume that is a bunk bed I see on the right side of the picture. It's all about the bunk beds for my DD6 and DS9. Did you have 4 in your room? The bathroom wasn't a big deal?
:banana:

Yes, on the right that's the sofa that becomes a bed, and the top bunk pulls down from the ceiling above it.
There was four of us and the kids loved the bunk.
The bathroom really wasn't a big deal for us. We're not high maintenance though so shared the bathroom amicably! :goodvibes

The only annoying thing was the bathroom door opening into the front door (see below). Never had a crash, but I could see the possibility!

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/...g/100_0167.jpg

pequele 01-29-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredgirls (Post 47266054)
We LOVED our 8A room (6514). We had one with a pole :goodvibes Amazing amount of room. You won't regret keeping it.
My pics might be in one o fthose links above, but easier to just post again. :) Unless you have a wider-angled lens you really don't get an good impression of how big these are!
Enjoy it!

And yes, the ones with the divider wall only sleep 3 but the open plan ones sleep 4.

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/...g/100_0165.jpg

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/...g/100_0166.jpg

was this on the Dream? This is our exact room (if so) that I booked for May!

Bear3412 01-29-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pequele (Post 47351235)
was this on the Dream? This is our exact room (if so) that I booked for May!

Dream and Fantasy should be the same as far as I know.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.