The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Anybody on the Fantasy this week? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051460)

wehavesix 01-21-2013 10:58 AM

Anybody on the Fantasy this week?
 
My brother in law had a heart attack last night and is now in surgery in Cozumel. He and my sister were celebrating their 25th anniversary this week. Obviously, we are all very worried. Especially since we are all at home and they are so far away. We are just wondering where the ship is now. Did they rearrange the itinerary to make today a day in Cozumel or did they head on to Grand Cayman?

Disney Legend 01-21-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wehavesix (Post 47259652)
My brother in law had a heart attack last night and is now in surgery in Cozumel. He and my sister were celebrating their 25th anniversary this week. Obviously, we are all very worried. Especially since we are all at home and they are so far away. We are just wondering where the ship is now. Did they rearrange the itinerary to make today a day in Cozumel or did they head on to Grand Cayman?

Oh my gosh. Prayers for your BIL.

"Cinder" Ella's Mom 01-21-2013 01:07 PM

Oh my gosh...so sorry! I hope you hear good news soon.

LBrandy 01-21-2013 01:14 PM

Sending good wishes your way,praying for a good out come !

IndigoMickey 01-21-2013 01:56 PM

. . . praying for a good outcome.


Anni

wehavesix 01-21-2013 02:13 PM

Sis called. The procedure worked and he is recovering. Hoping they can come home in a couple of days. Maybe even tomorrow. My sister can't say enough how much she appreciates the care given by the medical staff on board the Fantasy. They literally saved his life. She also said that Disney made sure she had someone with her to act as an interpreter and to assist her with securing hotel accommodations, etc. This has been a stressful event, to say the least! Thanks for your positive thoughts and prayers for my BIL's recovery. And kudos to DCL for taking care of my little sister!

IndigoMickey 01-21-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wehavesix (Post 47261996)
Sis called. The procedure worked and he is recovering. Hoping they can come home in a couple of days. Maybe even tomorrow. My sister can't say enough how much she appreciates the care given by the medical staff on board the Fantasy. They literally saved his life. She also said that Disney made sure she had someone with her to act as an interpreter and to assist her with securing hotel accommodations, etc. This has been a stressful event, to say the least! Thanks for your positive thoughts and prayers for my BIL's recovery. And kudos to DCL for taking care of my little sister!

Thanks for the great :goodvibes news update!


Anni

IBelieveInTheMagic 01-21-2013 02:38 PM

So glad to hear the positive outcome and that DCL was awesome and gave comfort to your sister!!:goodvibes

Heather

Weedy 01-21-2013 04:23 PM

When things settle down will you answer a question? Did they have passports? If not how was it handled?

jdb in AZ 01-21-2013 04:29 PM

Glad he's doing better. Please keep us posted as to how they're making arrangements to get him home, whether a travel agent is involved, or trip insurance.

Hope this doesn't sound nosey -- it's every cruiser's worst nightmare so it would be helpful to know how things work out.

DH had a gall bladder attack just as we were getting off a cruise. But we were already state-side, and a gall bladder is nothing compared to a heart attack.

Skg11576 01-21-2013 04:50 PM

Glad your BIL is going to be OK. We were unable to dock at Cozumel so we had an other day at sea and are heading to the Caymans now.then we will head back to Cozumel and then to CC. We will be missing Cota Maya.

wehavesix 01-21-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weedy
When things settle down will you answer a question? Did they have passports? If not how was it handled?

Yes, they have passports. Personally, I would not risk going without one. A few years ago I broke my leg while on vacation. Although we were in the US when it happened, it made me think about what would happen if an accident or illness cut an overseas trip short. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it!

wehavesix 01-21-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdb in AZ
Glad he's doing better. Please keep us posted as to how they're making arrangements to get him home, whether a travel agent is involved, or trip insurance.

Hope this doesn't sound nosey -- it's every cruiser's worst nightmare so it would be helpful to know how things work out.

DH had a gall bladder attack just as we were getting off a cruise. But we were already state-side, and a gall bladder is nothing compared to a heart attack.

I'll have to get more details later but I can tell you that my sister said Disney was taking care of her. I think they assigned a person to assist her and to act as an interpreter. I believe they assisted her with making hotel arrangements but I don't think any flight arrangements can be made yet. I know she uses a travel agency to book her cruises but have no idea if they know anything about this turn of events. She MAY have trip insurance but more than likely she doesn't. I'll ask her about it once they are back home.

SleepyDeb 01-21-2013 09:21 PM

I'm on the Fantasy too. Glad to hear he is doing better, Far more important that he be taking care of then we go to Costa Maya. I would have liked Disney to do the same if it had been my husband. Thoughts with them.

poohmomof5 01-22-2013 06:37 AM

How scary! Thank goodness he is okay! Hope they can come home soon!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.