The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   MASS EXIT from Fantasmic (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051222)

Tricia's mom 01-20-2013 10:38 PM

MASS EXIT from Fantasmic

Often while I am enjoying the show I look around and try and figure out WHY ? WHY ? is there NOT an exit to the parking lot from this show ??

is there something I am not seeing that would stop this ?
Is it too many people to dump in a parking lot and then not know where there going...

There has GOT to be another system of exiting.:confused:

Tricia's mom 01-20-2013 10:41 PM

ooops.. posted this in the wrong spot... now i need to figure out how to move it...

cheerbaybee 01-20-2013 10:44 PM

If i remember correctly. When the show there is a show at the time the park closes they actually take you a back way so that you do not have to exit through the park.

I think thats the closes to the parking lot... :confused3

Lynne M 01-20-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tricia's mom (Post 47255833)
ooops.. posted this in the wrong spot... now i need to figure out how to move it...

To get a thread moved, just PM a moderator and we'll take care of that for you. I'll send this over to the Theme Parks board now. :)

Itinkso 01-20-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheerbaybee (Post 47255861)
If i remember correctly. When the show there is a show at the time the park closes they actually take you a back way so that you do not have to exit through the park.

I think thats the closes to the parking lot... :confused3

Yes, they exit you through backstage areas and you end up at the front of the park near the turnstiles. They also do this when there is a capacity crowd lined up for the next show - on New Year's Day, all three shows exited in this manner.

Tricia's mom 01-20-2013 11:31 PM

yes, that I know...
But why can't they have an exit on the other side of the show ? The opposite side that they have you enter.

mesaboy2 01-20-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tricia's mom
yes, that I know...
But why can't they have an exit on the other side of the show ? The opposite side that they have you enter.

The Fantasmic space is pretty much in one corner of the park. There's really only one general direction for entrance or egress since any other direction takes you backstage or into a waterway.

Robo 01-20-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tricia's mom (Post 47256191)
yes, that I know...

The "opposite side" than the one on which you enter is either on the lake,
or completely backstage on the wrong side.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...s-F_082112.jpg

mesaboy2 01-20-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robo

The opposite side than that you enter is on the lake.

Slowpoke. :goodvibes

Itinkso 01-20-2013 11:43 PM

Probably liability issues. If families have split up and are in different areas of the park, they wouldn't be able to meet up. I also think as part of security, the turnstiles are under surveillance at all times. Even Fantasmic cast members exit into the park at the end of the last show.

Robo 01-20-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesaboy2 (Post 47256235)
Slowpoke. :goodvibes

Sad, but true.

I dun come in tooo late.

mesaboy2 01-20-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robo

Sad, but true.

I dun come in tooo late.

At least you have those cool maps that everyone seems to dig. And they are a heckuva lot easier to explain where everything is than all these words I like to type. :)

Robo 01-20-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesaboy2 (Post 47256292)
At least you have those cool maps that everyone seems to dig. And they are a heckuva lot easier to explain where everything is than all these words I like to type. :)

Ya got me feelin' better ta'bout my own self, now.

Not so DE-pressed.

Tricia's mom 01-21-2013 07:01 AM

almost like it shouldn't dump you off on sunset blvd....it should split more towards the gate..... i didn't realize the waterway was THAT close...that answers my question.

Micca 01-21-2013 08:43 PM

Other than Epcot, aren't all the parks one entrance/exit? Must be some kind of crowd control thing. Maybe it's making sure that everyone who came through a turnstile, exits through a turnstile? Maybe not, because certainly one could enter through the International Gateway at Epcot and exit out of FW.:confused3