The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   In Room Surprise (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051201)

Courtnie1811 01-20-2013 10:35 PM

In Room Surprise

Can I have the disney store ship somethings to my resort and then have them in our room right after check in?

TheRustyScupper 01-20-2013 10:48 PM

1) Unless in a Club Floor room, all purchases go to the Gift Shop.
2) If you order from the Disney Flowers, the item(s) will get to the room. *

* The Front Desk Runner delivers to the room at least twice a shift.

tiggerificamanda 01-20-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtnie1811
Can I have the disney store ship somethings to my resort and then have them in our room right after check in?

I know that you can have "pixie dust" delivered to rooms at check in...

Courtnie1811 01-20-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper (Post 47255283)
1) Unless in a Club Floor room, all purchases go to the Gift Shop.
2) If you order from the Disney Flowers, the item(s) will get to the room. *

* The Front Desk Runner delivers to the room at least twice a shift.

Yea I looked at that. I just have certain things I'd like in the room.

fla4fun 01-21-2013 10:11 AM

"Your room" isn't your room until you have checked in and received your keys, so there's no way to have something in there right when you check in, or any time before you check in. It would have to be delivered sometime after you have checked in. Now as to whether it could be done after you check in at the front desk but before you go to your room the first time (such as checking in early in the day and hitting the parks right away) that MIGHT be possible, but I doubt they would be able to guarantee it. This is in regards to using the Disney Florist. Any other packages you have sent to the resort would be held for you to pick up - they won't be delivered at all.

thelobstershanty 01-21-2013 12:53 PM

I do Disney Planning for guest's WDW trips and I often leave gifts for the resort guests--- But the previous poster was correct--the room is not your room until you are officially checked in. What I do is, leave the gift bag etc. with the front desk with instructions for it to be delivered once the guests are checked in. The package must be well marked with the guest's name, date of trip, etc. I provide grocery/snack/drink shopping for resort guests also, so I am often at the resorts on the day that a guest is checking in, so bringing an additional gift bag of goodies is not a problem. The kids especially, love it when bell services knocks on the door, asking for them, with a bag full of mickey ears, autograph books, plush Disney friends and a Welcome Card!
Got to love Disney!*****It's Magical******:wizard: