The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disneyland (California) (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Ideas for a Surprise for Hubby??? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051127)

nblake05 01-20-2013 08:09 PM

Ideas for a Surprise for Hubby???
 
We are planning on a trip to DL )staying at the PPH at the end of Apr - the first couple days of May. We haven't been to DL since we were engaged there in 05. Since then we've been to WDW a few times. On our last trip to WDW, DH had an in room surprise for me ... The "Honor Your Hero" by Disney Floral and Gifts. It was really touching! I would love to surprise DH with something on this trip. While I know I'm very lucky in this regard, DH LOVES Disney just about as much as I do so he LOVES to plan the vacation with me... But it makes it very hard to plans surprise! We have already decided to try and book the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour, the Fantasmic Dessert package, and have dinner at Carthay Circle. I'm not sure what else I can do to surprise him??? I was thinking of somehow recreating his proposal to me (we were sitting on a bench I the hub area when he dropped to one knee...) only instead of proposing I could thank him for the happiest and most magical 8 years of my life and present him with some token????.... But nothing can really beat the engagement ring he gave me! We'll be starting our trip with a couple of days up in Agoura Hills (my hometown) , then head to DL for 5 days, then down to SD to go to the zoo for 2 days. Any ideas for a way to surprise him??? It can be something small, or a simple romantic activity. Please Help!!!! I'd love to be able to surprise him! Thanks everyone!!!

kevdo 01-20-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nblake05 (Post 47254035)
I was thinking of somehow recreating his proposal to me (we were sitting on a bench I the hub area when he dropped to one knee...) only instead of proposing I could thank him for the happiest and most magical 8 years of my life and present him with some token????....

That's pretty great.


Quote:

Originally Posted by nblake05 (Post 47254035)
Any ideas for a way to surprise him??? It can be something small, or a simple romantic activity.

Bring him to Trader Sam's and do the research about which drinks have the special effects associated with them?

Pesky 01-20-2013 09:57 PM

Is he a foodie at all? Maybe dinner at the Chef's Counter at Napa Rose.

Like port? What about a port tasting at WCT?

Does he have a favorite character or show or something? If you are staying at PPH, you can call Disney merchandising and buy things available in the parks and have laid out in his room. Maybe a new trip wardrobe. Things like the Phineas and Ferb "Best Day Ever", the shirt I saw in someone's trip report of Mater with "Who Backfired?" (it was clearly made for my dad) and so on. Check out the trip reports that often feature pics of shirts. If you can describe it, they can likely find it.

You could always give him a ring if he likes jewelry or maybe a nice watch (Mickey watch?).

Sounds like you'll have a blast. Enjoy!

Mackie Mouse 01-20-2013 10:00 PM

Not necessarily a small token, but instead of Carthay Circle you could do the Chef's Table meal at Napa Rose in the Grand Californian.

I agree that something fun at Trader Sam's could be a good idea.

What about booking a spa treatment for you both? I'm assuming the Grand Californian also has a spa....

nblake05 01-20-2013 11:10 PM

Thanks! These are great ideas... I like the spa idea.! , DH is a picky eater and we don't drink much... He only drinks stuff that comes with an umbrella... But Trader Sam's could still be fun! Last time we were at WDW "Push" said DH looked like Capt. America! So maybe, something with him on it! That's almost Disney, right? Lol! I also thought about doing a caricature portrait?..where do they do those at DL?

nblake05 01-20-2013 11:14 PM

Oh! Do they carry any airline-y type merchandise where they do Minnie's Fly Girls... Cause DH is a pilot and I used to be flight attendant... So that could be something???

CaptainEIEIO 01-21-2013 08:33 AM

You could suprise him with the Walk In Walts Footsteps tour. That would get you inside the lobby of the Club 33 and Walts apartment above the firehouse, both places you dont normally get to see as regular visitors.

pixiewings71 01-21-2013 12:42 PM

You could do a caricature portrait of him as Captain America :) They do them in NOS by BB.

bradleykim 01-21-2013 01:23 PM

How about getting a PhotoPass+ lanyard & presenting that to him to capture the memories of this trip? The photopass+ thread on this board helped convince me it was a valuable venture for our upcoming trip.

nblake05 01-21-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainEIEIO (Post 47258007)
You could suprise him with the Walk In Walts Footsteps tour. That would get you inside the lobby of the Club 33 and Walts apartment above the firehouse, both places you dont normally get to see as regular visitors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradleykim (Post 47261421)
How about getting a PhotoPass+ lanyard & presenting that to him to capture the memories of this trip? The photopass+ thread on this board helped convince me it was a valuable venture for our upcoming trip.

These are both great ideas... But we already have the tour planned! And we always do PhotoPass! He LOVES to help plan our trips...which is great...I'm not complaining... But it does make it hard to surprise him! Plus, our finances are all joint and we BOTH monitor oh credit cards for mistakes or fraud...he probably watches them closer than I do though....so that makes it hard to surprise him as well!
Quote:

Originally Posted by pixiewings71 (Post 47260914)
You could do a caricature portrait of him as Captain America :) They do them in NOS by BB.

This is an awesom idea:cheer2: I love it!
Thanks everyone! I feel like a dope not knowing the best way to surprise my own DH!:scratchin

junmatno 01-21-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nblake05

These are both great ideas... But we already have the tour planned! And we always do PhotoPass! He LOVES to help plan our trips...which is great...I'm not complaining... But it does make it hard to surprise him! Plus, our finances are all joint and we BOTH monitor oh credit cards for mistakes or fraud...he probably watches them closer than I do though....so that makes it hard to surprise him as well!

This is an awesom idea:cheer2: I love it!
Thanks everyone! I feel like a dope not knowing the best way to surprise my own DH!:scratchin

Maybe buy a prepaid MC or Visa if you need to buy him something...then you'll just need an excuse for the money...and he won't know where it was spent. Tell him to trust you if he asks questions.

pixiewings71 01-21-2013 04:13 PM

Maybe you could book a meal at BB, check in early and see if the artists can do a caricature of him without him really knowing. Or you could get him to pose and not tell him what you want but tell the artist. :) DLR CM's really love that type of thing.

jmpurcel 01-21-2013 05:36 PM

This one takes a tad bit of planning and research but itís kind of fun and easy. Go on EBay and look for a Mickey Mouse golf ball. Sneak it to the park with you. Get in line at soarin over California. When you get into the staging area and are getting ready to take your seat pull out your golf ball. When the scene comes up where Michael Eisner hits the golf ball, whip out your hand in front of his face and tell him you just saved his life! Then show him the golf ball. You could write a special message on it as well. I did this to my dad one time. He was pretty amazed and the people next to us where as well. :cool1:

nblake05 01-21-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixiewings71 (Post 47263437)
Maybe you could book a meal at BB, check in early and see if the artists can do a caricature of him without him really knowing. Or you could get him to pose and not tell him what you want but tell the artist. :) DLR CM's really love that type of thing.

I love this! I'm SO doing this! :worship:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmpurcel (Post 47264367)
This one takes a tad bit of planning and research but itís kind of fun and easy. Go on EBay and look for a Mickey Mouse golf ball. Sneak it to the park with you. Get in line at soarin over California. When you get into the staging area and are getting ready to take your seat pull out your golf ball. When the scene comes up where Michael Eisner hits the golf ball, whip out your hand in front of his face and tell him you just saved his life! Then show him the golf ball. You could write a special message on it as well. I did this to my dad one time. He was pretty amazed and the people next to us where as well. :cool1:

Ok!!! this is going to happen regardless of any other surprise! This cracked me up!:lmao: DH will love it!

Wow! You DL Disers are AWESOME! :goodvibes

tdhickey 01-23-2013 08:50 AM

You can also get a sketch from the animation/art studios and put a personalized message on it / frame it. This is one of my favorite things to do, they have some great Mickey and Minnie poses.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.