The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   An Hour Wait for Lunch !!! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050983)

TheRustyScupper 01-20-2013 05:15 PM

An Hour Wait for Lunch !!!
 
1) OMG !
2) We went for lunch to Tusker House today.
3) Or, I should say, we waited for lunch today at Tusker House.
. . . the line was almost thirty groups (not people, but groups) long
. . . we waited, and waited, and waited to be seated
. . . there were many, many, many tables open
4) We were told that they are trying a new system
. . . they are spreading out the tables in order to seat people faster
. . . this is supposed to spread people throughout the eatery
. . . it might have worked, but it slowed things down in a major way

NOTE: The wait was so long, (how long was it?) . . .
. . . mold was growing on the people facing North
. . . a clean shaved man couldn't eat with his beard in the way
. . . children came in as kindergärtners and went out as high schoolers
. . . fruit on the buffet sprouted as trees
. . . a young couple went senile and couldn't remember why they came

jwfla422 01-20-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper (Post 47251408)
1) OMG !
2) We went for lunch to Tusker House today.
3) Or, I should say, we waited for lunch today at Tusker House.
. . . the line was almost thirty groups (not people, but groups) long
. . . we waited, and waited, and waited to be seated
. . . there were many, many, many tables open
4) We were told that they are trying a new system
. . . they are spreading out the tables in order to seat people faster
. . . this is supposed to spread people throughout the eatery
. . . it might have worked, but it slowed things down in a major way

NOTE: The wait was so long, (how long was it?) . . .
. . . mold was growing on the people facing North
. . . a clean shaved man couldn't eat with his beard in the way
. . . children came in as kindergärtners and went out as high schoolers
. . . fruit on the buffet sprouted as trees
. . . a young couple went senile and couldn't remember why they came

:rotfl2:
You know RS, you really need your own website to blog some of this stuff, I would FOR SURE HAVE IT BOOKMARKED! Your posts are hysterical :rotfl: ...yet downright honest.

Did you find the park or other restaurants to more crowded than normal for this time of the year, as it's extended weekend with MLK holiday and I know many FL counties had the day off on Friday too. It was very busy out around here in South FL this weekend too...MANY VISITORS! ...or you think it's just that new system?

eeyoresmom 01-20-2013 06:06 PM

:rotfl:

jimandami 01-20-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwfla422

:rotfl2:
You know RS, you really need your own website to blog some of this stuff, I would FOR SURE HAVE IT BOOKMARKED! Your posts are hysterical :rotfl: ...yet downright honest.

Did you find the park or other restaurants to more crowded than normal for this time of the year, as it's extended weekend with MLK holiday and I know many FL counties had the day off on Friday too. It was very busy out around here in South FL this weekend too...MANY VISITORS! ...or you think it's just that new system?

We left Friday and I can tell you it got MUCH more crowded Friday than it had been the entire week before. We went to DHS for a bit before getting on ME and could not believe the number of people there!!

TheRustyScupper 01-20-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwfla422 (Post 47251921)
. . . Did you find the park or other restaurants to more crowded than normal for this time of the year . . . or you think it's just that new system?

1) The parks;
. . . they were more crowded this year than in the past.
. . . people probably wanted a reason NOT to go to Washington DC
. . . and, not to have to find alternatives on TV from Sat-thru-Mon
. . . of course, that is my own opinion

2) The restaurants:
. . . all eateries were no busier than in the past
. . . the only one where we got waylaid was at Tusker
. . . now I know what it is like to be on a REAL safari
. . . and, in search of badly needed nourishment
. . . we ended up crawling to our table, hungry and parched
. . . if there was a mirage, we would have eaten the floor tile *

* However, one guy in our party said something like, "it was a tasty back".
I just don't know if he was referring to the baby-backs or his chair.

goofyintoronto 01-20-2013 07:43 PM

:rotfl: Funny post. Sorry you waited so long. Hope it was worth the wait!

powermom3 01-20-2013 07:46 PM

We ate dinner at Splitsville in Downtown Disney and it was amazing! We had excellent service from the time we walked in and Gibran (our waiter) was great! The food was delicious and had a wide variety to choose from. I would recommend this as a definite spot to visit on vacation or as a FL resident. Oh yeah...they have bowling also :)

rznhal 01-20-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper (Post 47252944)
1) The parks;
. . . they were more crowded this year than in the past.
. . . people probably wanted a reason NOT to go to Washington DC
. . . and, not to have to find alternatives on TV from Sat-thru-Mon
. . . of course, that is my own opinion.[/I]

hmm....wonder if they will die down beginning tuesday?

sydneysmom 01-21-2013 10:20 AM

I'm sorry that you had to wait that long, but I will say this was the funniest way to start my Monday!! :rotfl: So thanks for that....

Now, on your normal reviews you grade the restaurants... will this get an "F" ? ;)

jwfla422 01-21-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rznhal (Post 47254763)
hmm....wonder if they will die down beginning tuesday?

It should die down by tomorrow, this past weekend is usually very busy. I don't know about the rest of the country but as I mentioned before many schools in FL had off on Friday and today so that extended weekend = a load of locals heading to WDW for the weekend.

January usually has the best values for the resorts too especially for FL residents so it's a no brainer if you want to (or can) get out of town for a bit. I bet there will be a significant drop in crowds after today.

bigbabyblues 01-21-2013 11:09 AM

So, what grade did your food get? Wait aside, we already know what that was.

dvcterry 01-21-2013 11:11 AM

We were there over NYE and it was crowded; however, we did not have to wait long to be greeted and get our photo, and then be seated. Every table was taken and there was a long line just to get to the podium to give your name. Along the way there were some angry people because they were turned away for not having adr's. But nonetheless, from beginning to end was not too long, I can't imagine what happened.

TheRustyScupper 01-21-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbabyblues (Post 47259067)
So, what grade did your food get? Wait aside, we already know what that was.

Aside from the wait, a solid "B+" overall.

Aatif911 01-21-2013 07:48 PM

too long
 
thats not right for a QS.
I hear Be our Guest is the same for Lunch.

bigbabyblues 01-21-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper (Post 47265076)
Aside from the wait, a solid "B+" overall.

Thank you! We are considering it for June.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.