The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Gluten free treats...... (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050957)

Kimbo71 01-20-2013 04:29 PM

Gluten free treats......
 
What were your favorites on DCL? Last time DH & I went, I hadn't been diagnosed w/ celiac yet, but this time, I will be on the prowl for some YUMMY GF food! :coffee:

jmarsh 01-20-2013 05:07 PM

I'm gluten free too and if you tell DCL before you arrive they will have things you can eat too. Disney caters to gluten free which is nice

geffric 01-20-2013 05:15 PM

Dole whips. Wine.. Mickey Bars life is good

On the wonder I had my own chef who made me great and wonderful things. On the Dream, I have a head server that watches out for me..

Kimbo71 01-20-2013 05:39 PM

My reservation does say GF on it, but I have heard that there are more options than just what you order at meal times. Like maybe I could get a GF pizza on the pool deck? Are these rumors true?

jmarsh 01-20-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimbo71
My reservation does say GF on it, but I have heard that there are more options than just what you order at meal times. Like maybe I could get a GF pizza on the pool deck? Are these rumors true?

I believe that you can if they know ahead of time. I have been told that Disney can make anything on the menu gluten free. I am really hoping this is true

cgolf 01-20-2013 05:53 PM

You can get pizza, doughnuts, muffins, cookies, waffles, pancakes, fried chicken tenders, and other things I am probably forgetting. All you need to do is ask and they should be able to point you where to get each it as it varies by ship I believe.

Cgolf

kcx2njdisney 01-20-2013 06:13 PM

Hubby got gluten free pizza every night on the Dream at the pizzeria on the pool deck. He is looking forward to the same when we take the Fantasy this year.

GatorMomInNC 01-20-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimbo71 (Post 47251633)
My reservation does say GF on it, but I have heard that there are more options than just what you order at meal times. Like maybe I could get a GF pizza on the pool deck? Are these rumors true?

you could on the Fantasy - they just need a few minutes to prepare it. But, sadly, it wasn't that great. BUT, the GF chicken fingers were AWESOME!

GF dinners are good, but the GF bread is not that great. EXCEPT when I ate at Remy, then they took the SAME GF bread, and sliced it and toasted it and it was so good!!

DahliaRW 01-20-2013 06:37 PM

So good to hear there are so many gf options! I was worried about "snacks" outside of the MDRs. But I figured worst case I'd have ane excuse to just fill up on ice cream all the time! :rotfl:

Kimbo71 01-20-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GatorMomInNC (Post 47252152)
you could on the Fantasy - they just need a few minutes to prepare it. But, sadly, it wasn't that great. BUT, the GF chicken fingers were AWESOME!

GF dinners are good, but the GF bread is not that great. EXCEPT when I ate at Remy, then they took the SAME GF bread, and sliced it and toasted it and it was so good!!

GF Chicken Fingers! Yumm-o!

Maybe I could see about having that bread toasted in the MDR's.....

Kimbo71 01-20-2013 07:18 PM

I also heard a rumor somewhere about GF Crab cakes?!? Anyone hear of such a thing?

123Dis4Me 01-20-2013 09:33 PM

I am sailing on the Dream in a few weeks, I will post my findings. My DD would love some GF crab cakes! Oh, it looks like you are cruising around the same time that I am - any information I get probably won't help you much :(

Kimbo71 01-20-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123Dis4Me (Post 47254352)
I am sailing on the Dream in a few weeks, I will post my findings. My DD would love some GF crab cakes! Oh, it looks like you are cruising around the same time that I am - any information I get probably won't help you much :(

Yeah-we're going the middle of next month.....

123Dis4Me 01-20-2013 09:42 PM

It looks like you cruise on the 15th of February, we cruise on the 17th. We sailed on the Dream once, gluten free, 2 years ago (my daughter and are are GF). The service was great. We were happy with everything we were served in the main dining rooms, but we didn't ask about pizza and such things by the pool, I have read that they can accomodate GF there and we are very excited about that. I think that if you ask for something they can do it for you. We preordered all of our meals last time which worked out great. When we ordered, they asked what we liked and what we wanted, not necessarily something close to what was on the menu. So, I feel like if I can think of something yummy and GF that I want, they will do their best to make it for us!

Have a great cruise and I hope you get some super yummy food!

Kimbo71 01-20-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123Dis4Me (Post 47254460)
It looks like you cruise on the 15th of February, we cruise on the 17th. We sailed on the Dream once, gluten free, 2 years ago (my daughter and are are GF). The service was great. We were happy with everything we were served in the main dining rooms, but we didn't ask about pizza and such things by the pool, I have read that they can accomodate GF there and we are very excited about that. I think that if you ask for something they can do it for you. We preordered all of our meals last time which worked out great. When we ordered, they asked what we liked and what we wanted, not necessarily something close to what was on the menu. So, I feel like if I can think of something yummy and GF that I want, they will do their best to make it for us!

Have a great cruise and I hope you get some super yummy food!

Thanks for the info! Like I said, we've cruised w/ DCL before, but never w/ a celiac diagnosis! :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.