The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Miami KSF no castaway cay (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050757)

jm106 01-20-2013 11:23 AM

Miami KSF no castaway cay

I am really considering this cruise in April but I see no stop at Castaway Cay. I really wanted to get to their island, looks awesome but wonder, would I regret not being on a ship that goes there? If we dont take that cruise we will be skipping DCL this year due to cost of the others and save up for the future. Unfortunatly, the cost to fly to Fl eats up a good portion of the cruise budget.
Any input about this particular itinerary/ship? It would be DH, myself, almost 5 yo and 7.5 yo. Thanks for any info.

Cats12 01-20-2013 02:21 PM

I just booked a KSF from Miami for the 27th. I believe the 13th goes to CC as well. Could you do one of those instead? I hesitate to recommend one way or the other on whether to sail or skip it based on CC.

Melissa

brianvdb 01-20-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jm106 (Post 47247979)
I am really considering this cruise in April but I see no stop at Castaway Cay. I really wanted to get to their island, looks awesome but wonder, would I regret not being on a ship that goes there? If we dont take that cruise we will be skipping DCL this year due to cost of the others and save up for the future. Unfortunatly, the cost to fly to Fl eats up a good portion of the cruise budget.
Any input about this particular itinerary/ship? It would be DH, myself, almost 5 yo and 7.5 yo. Thanks for any info.

I would not let a stop at CC make or break the vacation. We took the niece and nephew (DN and DN?), 9 and 7, on the 7-night Mexican Riviera as their first cruise. We all had a great time, and they never new the difference.

CC is cool, but it isn't going anywhere. If you can't make it this time, just try and make it work for next time. Also, keep in mind that a cruise vacation has fewer guarantees that land-based vacations. Even if CC is on your itinerary, there is a small chance that you'll miss the port due to weather or other issues (seems like issues like this happen at least a couple times per year).

We've been on 4 cruises, all on the Magic and Wonder (which are essentially identical). I like these ships - they are easy to navigate and never seem crowded.

Loriekins 01-20-2013 02:34 PM

Cruise on! :)

Been to Castaway Cay twice & it's one of our favorite if not our favorite stops! If you are happy with the other stops & the price works for you than cruise on anyway! I would hate to miss CC but I would hate to miss DCL even more!!! :)

jm106 01-20-2013 07:10 PM

:thumbsup2Thank you. I didnt notice that there are 2 itineraries. Thats so helpful. I am aware that the stops could always change but castaway cay is something I really hope to see over walking a cruise port at an island stop. If it doesnt work so be it, but I prefer to try a cruise with that stop in itinerary and hope for the best. Not sure when the next time would be (or if we can even do this trip yet.)

su_A_ve 01-20-2013 09:23 PM

If you haven't been there, then you should try to make it. But of course, it all depends on your budget.

We are going under KSF on Feb 11th. No CC. But we were on a double dip last August, so it's make up :)

jm106 01-20-2013 09:24 PM

:eek:AHHH, the cruises are not showing on their site!?! Now the only one is a lot more $ I am not sure if it could have sold in that short time.

Cats12 01-21-2013 06:05 AM

Just keep checking. If someone has it on a 3 day hold, but ends up not making the deposit, it'll show up again. I'm the worst for having 2 or 3 on hold at the same time trying to decide between them, and there is no way to cancel the ones I've decided against, so they just have to expire.

Otimon 01-21-2013 06:17 AM

If you can make it to Castaway Cay by all means do so. You and your family won't regret it!

Have fun.

jm106 01-21-2013 08:07 AM

whew, they are back and we are booking it!! We will so the one with CC stop, cant wait. The kids will be so excited, going to surprise them this time.

Cats12 01-21-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jm106 (Post 47257278)
whew, they are back and we are booking it!! We will so the one with CC stop, cant wait. The kids will be so excited, going to surprise them this time.

Maybe we'll see you there ;)

jm106 01-21-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cats12 (Post 47257468)
Maybe we'll see you there ;)

:thumbsup2
Im so excited to start planning, so close really.