The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   How to keep stuff safe at CC while swimming? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050726)

Tara619 01-20-2013 10:22 AM

How to keep stuff safe at CC while swimming?
 
I'm guessing I'll want to bring my camera to CC. What if I want to go swimming with DS? How do I know no one will steal my camera? Are there lockers? I'm not too worried about leaving a beach bag with towels and sunscreen. Should I just not bring the camera? Or get a disposable one to lessen the risk?

sambycat 01-20-2013 10:32 AM

No lockers. We use our phones as our cameras and have left them when we take a dip in our bags. Nothing else really of value that we take. I'd be more worried about some fancy camera getting damaged then getting stolen but of voices it is possible.

PrincessShmoo 01-20-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tara619 (Post 47247378)
I'm guessing I'll want to bring my camera to CC. What if I want to go swimming with DS? How do I know no one will steal my camera? Are there lockers? I'm not too worried about leaving a beach bag with towels and sunscreen. Should I just not bring the camera? Or get a disposable one to lessen the risk?

There are no lockers at CC. We bring a disposable, waterproof camera (bought at WalMart) since we usually go in the water for snorkeling.

Wazzo 01-20-2013 10:38 AM

I don't own one, but I literally just read about Kyss bags in a TR:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...1&postcount=56

www.kyssbags.com

Any reviews on this product from DISers?

Namsupak 01-20-2013 10:38 AM

When we have been on the family beach we just cover things up or put them in the beach bag we brought. Since the island is private no shady vendors are about. The only concern is other guests but to be honest most people are busy doing their own thing that unless people are targeting you it really isn't a worry. Nikon camera is really the only expensive thing we bring, since we leave all cash and passports on the ship.

BrennaM 01-20-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wazzo (Post 47247521)
I don't own one, but I literally just read about Kyss bags in a TR:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...1&postcount=56

www.kyssbags.com

Any reviews on this product from DISers?


I am so getting one of these! What a great idea. Thanks for the post about it!

Lollipop's Mom 01-20-2013 10:45 AM

I got a kyss bag for Xmas and love it!

princess369 01-20-2013 11:31 AM

kyss bag
 
This looks great! :goodvibes I have to have one. I travel alone now and with only one set of eyes I have been uneasy at times. I would like to think that anyone paying thousands for a cruise wouldn't be so cheap as to steal someing but it only takes one. Better safe than sorry.

I did have a new towel stolen at Blizzard Beach. It was a cheap one I'd bought on sale at k-mart. However it was the last one and I loved the design. (Colorful jewel tone butterflies on a black background.) At any rate it did spoil my day and left me feeling not so safe at BB. This is a different situation than CC. For a few bucks anyone can get into BB.
PS: :wave2: Any one looking for a cabinmate? :beach:

woody73 01-20-2013 11:39 AM

There are reports of items getting stolen at Castaway Cay. Link.

Don't leave valuables unattended.

Woody

Wazzo 01-20-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrennaM (Post 47247575)
I am so getting one of these! What a great idea. Thanks for the post about it!

You're welcome! :goodvibes

But the real thanks goes to MrRay for posting about it in his TR! :thumbsup2

OKW Lover 01-20-2013 11:57 AM

We've never worried about our stuff at CC. We do keep an eye on it from the water but we really don't stress about it. I'm sure somebody has had something stollen there but I doubt it happens much.

princess369 01-20-2013 12:21 PM

I apologize for posting this here, but I've spent over an hour trying to find out how to change my picture (I'm a solo sailor now) or just omit it? I have a picture on facebook. Is there any way I can use that? Can anyone direct me to the correct thread?

Please help.

cypressmom 01-20-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princess369 (Post 47248520)
I apologize for posting this here, but I've spent over an hour trying to find out how to change my picture (I'm a solo sailor now) or just omit it? I have a picture on facebook. Is there any way I can use that? Can anyone direct me to the correct thread?

Please help.

Click on UserCP on the blue bar up above (to the left of chat). From there, select Signature and you can delete it from there.

heywheresperry 01-20-2013 02:11 PM

I bought a Kyss bag last year and I absolutely love it!! I brought it on our cruise on the Fantasy last October and used it on every excursion and at Castaway Cay.

jmarsh 01-20-2013 03:00 PM

I'm not sure I want to spend $45 on another bag when I love my beach bag... I guess I have to do some serious thinking. I'm from California and I leave my beach bag on the beach all the time and have never had a problem... Guess I have been lucky and it makes me sad that this would happen.

At first I thought I would just bring a zip tie and attach it to my bag and the chair leg but my bag doesn't have a zipper so that won't deter someone from taking my camera out of the bag...another thing to really think about before my cruise


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.