The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Choose our last table service dinner (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050568)

4leobeans 01-19-2013 09:32 PM

Choose our last table service dinner

Hi all

I've cancelled our dinner reservation at Cape May, just because we'll be at MK that day, and it seemed too much work to get there:confused3

So.....where should we try for dinner? Our TA has booked us a res at Whispering Canyon, but I don't know if I want to experience that "eating event". Menu sounds okay, but noise, noise, noise and goofy stuff....I am unsure (yeesh, I sound like the grinch!)

I would prefer to stay at the park, or try a monorail resort for simplicity sake. We have two small kids (2 & 5) and grandparents in the group.

We're leaving in 10 days, so some places are no longer available. Thanks!

lovingeire 01-19-2013 09:44 PM

Liberty Tree Tavern or Tonys at MK? 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian? Chef Mickeys if you could get a ressie?

Jen12573 01-19-2013 09:49 PM

Crystal Palace? Grand Floridian Cafe is terrific. 1900 Park Fare is always fun, so is Chef Mickey's. And there's always Kona Cafe too. Yummy!!

Ro Z 01-19-2013 09:53 PM

WC is too 'much' for us! Lol!! We like Kona or GFC. We are not fans of the Wave. Too fancy, not the place the food. In MK LTT is ok. Plaza is good but more for lunch IMO. Burgers
and sandwiches. Good but...BoG was good but at this late date probably not an option. I would choose Kona if it was me. BTW we avoid all places that do tbe goofy stuff, the antics. Just don't like it. Love 50's but will only eat in the lounge and even then sometimes they get into charater and it annoys us. So count us in as Grinches!! ;)

DisneyFansInNYC 01-19-2013 10:04 PM

Grand Floridian Cafe is excellent. We love 1900 Park Fare. Haven't eaten at Liberty Tree Tavern but really want to. Enjoy!

TruBlu 01-19-2013 10:06 PM

I'd go with Liberty Tree Tavern. It was a must do for us back when it was a character meal. Decent food.

Unless you can get Crystal Palace.. Amazing food for a buffet & great character interaction!

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

4leobeans 01-20-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ro Z (Post 47244654)
WC is too 'much' for us! Lol!! We like Kona or GFC. We are not fans of the Wave. Too fancy, not the place the food. In MK LTT is ok. Plaza is good but more for lunch IMO. Burgers
and sandwiches. Good but...BoG was good but at this late date probably not an option. I would choose Kona if it was me. BTW we avoid all places that do tbe goofy stuff, the antics. Just don't like it. Love 50's but will only eat in the lounge and even then sometimes they get into charater and it annoys us. So count us in as Grinches!! ;)

:thumbsup2

Thanks everyone for the suggestions...I was sort of leaning to Grand Floridian Cafe, but never thought of Kona. Our TA actually recommends against Crystal Palace...

Maybe it will be nice to have one calm meal in there!

TruBlu 01-20-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4leobeans
Our TA actually recommends against Crystal Palace...

Really? Why?
It really is fabulous. :confused:

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

NHKristy76 01-20-2013 01:26 PM

We enjoy Crystal Palace but have decided against it for this trip...

Any idea why your TA advised against it?

lovingeire 01-20-2013 02:49 PM

Yes, if you're doing loads of character meals it might be nice to have a calm meal in the mix. Is that why your TA advised against CP? It's one of my family's favorites and I'm a TA so I recommend it to a lot of people!

jimmytammy 01-20-2013 03:08 PM

I realize its very last minute, but check every so often for Ohana, Kona is good, Liberty Tree Tavern very good

disneybliss2 01-20-2013 03:27 PM

Will be unlikely to get a reservation at 'Ohana this short of notice, but it would be worth trying. My other picks would be Kona, 1900 Park Fare, or Crystal Palace.

tinkgurl 01-20-2013 04:15 PM

What about The Wave at the Contemporary? Or the GFC at the GF?

GaBelle 01-20-2013 07:10 PM

Kona would be a great choice. Good food, relaxing atmosphere at the Poly!

LockShockBarrel 01-20-2013 09:28 PM

I would echo GFC and Kona