The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Debating about switching resorts (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050337)

MaryJPixie 01-19-2013 01:16 PM

Debating about switching resorts

So my mother who is 79 and can be extremely difficult :rolleyes1will be joining us (me:love: Dh:cool2: and dd8princess: and dd3princess:) for a WDW trip. We are meeting other family down there, that is why she is joining us. So my question is would you do an AOA Nemo suite or 2 Port Orleans Riverside rooms (she would have a room to herself).......they are pretty much the same price......TIA

maxiesmom 01-19-2013 01:36 PM

I would go with the 2 rooms. That way, your mom can close the connecting door (if you get one) if she needs time to herself. I also think she would probably enjoy the peaceful setting of POR more than the in your face-ness of a value resort.

partypa 01-19-2013 01:53 PM

Two Rooms at POR for sure

MUFFYCAT 01-19-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by partypa (Post 47240607)
Two Rooms at POR for sure

:thumbsup2

SarahKate 01-19-2013 03:00 PM

POR without a doubt. If I were 79 I would not want to be fully immersed in Disney all the time as would be at AoA. POR is so nice and laid back. The only disadvantage I can think of is mobility. I'd suggest requesting a closer room. We stayed in building 85 in 2011 and it was a very nice little walk. Not too long but got to walk over the bridge, by the pool, landscaped areas. Very peaceful resort. There are also plenty of places to just relax. Hammocks, rocking chairs, quiet pools, gazebos, etc.

brockash 01-19-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by partypa (Post 47240607)
two rooms at por for sure

ita!

Amy&Dan 01-19-2013 03:14 PM

I also agree!

We went a difficult 70 something relative a few years back and stayed value. HUGE, BIG, UNFORGETTABLE mistake lol!

POR is beautiful, laid back, boat to DTD, Boatwrights, Bob Jackson, larger rooms and lovely grounds.

I'd suggest preferred, but be aware the Alligator Bayou buildings, where all preferred rooms are do not have elevators.

Check out www.portorleans.org Great website!

Bob NC 01-19-2013 03:16 PM

It's unani-mouse.

MaryJPixie 01-19-2013 06:33 PM

OP here, thank you everyone for your input! :flower3:I was definately going to change to POR, Royal rooms.....but I talked to the others we were going to meet down there and they decided on the Polynesian! We had all discussed this before the new spring promo came out and the prices were too much for everyone. Another factor here which some of you had mentioned in your posts was the mobility issue too, she has alot of trouble with stairs......Mobility wise I think the buses would have been difficult. The monorail would be alot easier for her to get into...... Soooooo, I called Disney and switched to the Polynesian!!! :cool1:We are going to have 2 rooms as of now, we are able to get a garden view with the discount for the times we wanted. We used to stay here alot when I was a kid so I think it will bring back some great memories for my mother. Now I am finally looking forward to this trip! :cheer2: